Discuss shower quotation in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

maybe too low. what size cable? if 10mm i,d go for £200 + cost of shower. have you got RCD in place or do you have to provide?

and that's without the plumbing.

Last edited:
I would always install a 10.0mm T+E Cable as standard practice for shower installs even though this is were someone could beat your quote, I would also advise that you would then be able to upgrade to a more powerful shower later on.

I would always install a 10.0mm T+E Cable as standard practice for shower installs even though this is were someone could beat your quote, I would also advise that you would then be able to upgrade to a more powerful shower later on.

I'd install whatever suited the connected load and overcurrent protective device, win the work then on to the next job, why risk losing the work on the basis of a future upgrade?

In this case for such a small run, the difference is negligible but it can soon mount up.

I'd install whatever suited the connected load and overcurrent protective device, win the work then on to the next job, why risk losing the work on the basis of a future upgrade?

In this case for such a small run, the difference is negligible but it can soon mount up.

I agree, but maybe the best option would be to quote for the minimum, but say...

'If you spend £--- more, you would be able to upgrade to a more powerful unit in the future without the need or cost of re-cabling'

that way at least you are giving them an informed choice:8:

Reply to shower quotation in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net