Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss signing off notifiable work. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, i am in the middle of joining Napit, just waiting for assement.
Just starting a fit out of small extension to Kitchen so need to inform BC.
Builder is using private Building Control so imformed them of the situation and will be signing off with 2391/52 qualifications.
They do not require any payment for thisbut do i need to inform LABC aswell? Cardiff City Council only state that Electrician needs 2391 to sign off.
They state 'All work carried out by installers who are not members of an Approved Installers Scheme must arrange for the work to be certified to BS 7671 18th by an Electrician qualified to 2391 18th ed.
Cheers for any thoughts on this.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i agree, but with the LABC just taking emails due to lockdown, and not replying atall, don't want to get caught with pants down, as job will likely be done before Napit get round to assess due to lockdown again.
Just want to know if i need to imform LABC aswell as private Building Control.
Thanks again.

Timbo

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Normally all these private companies require is the EIC. They notify LBCO on completion of the whole job. Or that's what happens in England.

Reply to signing off notifiable work. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom