Discuss SMA Webbox and Flashview in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys (and Gals)

We are pricing for a webbox for an existing installation and the client is asking some questions about the flashview software SMA provide.

They have a network connected large monitor in their reception for notices and displays and want to know whether the display options offered by flashviewer are presented in sizeable windows, so that they can increase and reduce the size of the display chart as they see fit?

I know it is more of an IT question than electrical but we have never installed one and can't seem to get flashview to install without a webbox, which i will only order if the client wants to go.

Has anyone played around with flashview - does anyone know??

Flashview isn't particularly flexible and really is designed to work in full screen mode. You can just about get the window and graphs to resize but only in a limited way, and the graphs may appear off centre in the window. It reads the data in realtime from the webbox via json rpc and a decent programmer could probably put together something more customised from the webbox data.

Not a silly question because flashview is designed to be full screen and not-resizeable!

With flashview open (it will take up the entire screen), right click anywhere on the screen. A popup menu will appear - select About Adobe Flash Player 9. An about dialog will popup, but more importantly flashview will display in a window. Click on OK in the about flashplayer dialog, and you'll be left with flashview running in a resizeable window (resizable by dragging the window frame with the mouse etc.). However, the information in the window will not resize.

Next select the view menu in the menubar at the top of the window. the menu item 100% will be selected. Select "Show All" instead. The content will now resize with the window, although will be larger than the window or off centre for certain sizes of window.

Matthew

Reply to SMA Webbox and Flashview in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net