Discuss Stealing Electricity (training video house). in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Shocking

1) Went to look at a job the other day Black electrical tape on top of suppliers fuse just wondered can you drill a hole in to this to insert cable to take power did not pull it off to have a look :rolleyes:

2) Outside light with 1.5mm running down wall to a internal light switch wich was allso on the outside wall rest of this cable to light is just draped across the room with nails for support.

3) gararge double socket hanging off wall neutral wire hanging out back of socket (live)

4) extension lead running through Kitchen door into extension powering fridge freezer told by home owner they do shut this door at night trapping cable.

Looked more like a training video house setup, of how not to do it, that had not been put right after filming.
I was waiting for my mates to jump out or jerime beadle or evan matt Allright not that im a rouge.:eek:
Have suggested having PIR.

Home owner said he has only been in the house 3 months.
Only went to give him a quote for some other electrical work extra sockets moving light switches that he wanted doing, this was just a visual inspection as we were walking through the property, God only knows what the rest of the wiring is like :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason for this post is where do we stand when coming into a property with this many faults? as we have not been called in to fix them at this time, and are there on other matters. but as profesionals should we put them right there and then (of course charge them) or just advise the customer? and i dont want to steal the lectric just wonderd if any one has come across this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of someone that trusted there next door neighbor to look after house when on hols. from that point on had high lecky bills. DNO investigated a number of times. eventually found a hole drilled through the wall behind the meter. Clever.

Firstly ask him if he wants you to rectify standing faults, the only answer should be yes:rolleyes:

In that case I would then conduct a full PIR which should highlight all the short comings, so then the customer is fully aware of the state of his installation, you will be able to properly price up to remedy the faults and you can be covered should he refuse rectification work.

get a PIR as notSo says and cover your arse you could put a danger notice if any code 1s require imediet attention

Reply to Stealing Electricity (training video house). in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net