Discuss Strange Techniques in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

OhmElectrical

Mate asked me can I look at his house after had it re wired by a bloke "on the cheap"

I noticed that the entire house was wired in 2.5mm.

Lights 60898 B6 - 2.5mm T&E
Sockets B20 - 2.5mm T&E
Cooker B32 - 2.5mm T&E (ring)
No shower

All RCD, bonding etc been done just wanted see if anyone ever seen this before

Mate asked me can I look at his house after had it re wired by a bloke "on the cheap"

Sockets B20 - 2.5mm T&E
No shower

lol guess he had a lot of 2.5mm

if everything else is order iinc testing i wouldnt be worried

what size is the bonding?

All seemed correct on that score tails upgraded the lot all bonded and even labelled up gas a water. I told him it's not wrong just not conventional although I suppose the guys does it rarely can just buy 1 drum a job done

Sockets B20 - 2.5mm T&E
No shower

using 2.5mm on the lights must have been fun. Any 2 way switching?

Seen a house with 4mm ring, and 2.5mm lighting. Diy'ers think more is better, and that us electricians with our bs7671 no eff all.

And for the smart arse, all method c, no insulation ;)

When I was at college many years ago one of the other apprentices said he worked with a bloke who would wire lights in 2.5mm, sockets in 4mm and cookers in 10mm that was in the 70's.

With regards the 2.5 for lighting and 4 for power. That strikes of a commercial spark attempting house bashing as you would be hard pushed to find 1.5mm in a commercial install.

Reply to Strange Techniques in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net