Discuss Supplies to outbuilding CU's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Guitarist

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Do you guys think that the majority of electricians actually bother using the adiabatic equation to decide whether the cpc of a T&E cable is adequate when supplying a CU in a garage/shed, or do most people just size the cable based on CCC and voltdrop?
I come across a lot of T&E strung between buildings and I often wonder.
Just something to add another thread to the forum :)

i invariably would use 3 core cable. therefore the cpc is the same csa as the phase conductors. bonding of ecp's might be a different issue though.

Once you have sized a long run for CCC and VD then there is hardly any point in calculating the minimum earth size as it will be way over, on short runs it will be like any other circuit it will comply because the run is short enough.

Do you guys think that the majority of electricians actually bother using the adiabatic equation to decide.....

I would hope so, but then again, if you rephrased the question and asked how many 'electricians' even know what the adiabatic equation is? I'd say not that many.

sorry, it's italy. was never any good at geography, only got a grade 5 at 0 level.

Do you guys think that the majority of electricians actually bother using the adiabatic equation to decide whether the cpc of a T&E cable is adequate when supplying a CU in a garage/shed, or do most people just size the cable based on CCC and voltdrop?
I come across a lot of T&E strung between buildings and I often wonder.
Just something to add another thread to the forum :)

Would a decent electrician do this?

Reply to Supplies to outbuilding CU's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
Can someone sanity check my thinking please.... An 80 amp PME service head, tails to meter, 25 sq mm tails into an enclosed fused isolator with...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Newly qualified electrician here who is in the process of re-wiring my own property. I have recently converted my old CU (if I can call...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock