Discuss Swimming pool Dali-dsi lighting ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

a1guvner

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Can any one recommend recessed fittings with Dali control that would be suitable for a swimming pool environment, also any other advice/recommendations would be very welcome.
Client currently specifies wireless dimming controls to a remote dimmer pack of which recently they have started to introduce led lamps which have caused various issues with dimming (flickering and different dimming output over distance) this coupled with switches losing sync, What I wish to recommend is Dali-dsi control which i have already specified the controls and im after advice/ideas on schemes others may use.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I would recommend ringing Thorlux, the website below this message, a fantastic company who make everything relating to lighting and they are quality manufacturers.

Products | Thorlux Lighting United Kingdom

Many thanks,
I have gone to a few of the large manufacturers, still waiting to hear back from them, the thing i'm up against these pools are not commercial but high end domestic ones so it is quite a niche market.

Hmm thats a debate in itself, I would consider a swimming pool a special location and design it as a commercial install rather than Domestic, I would even think a large Hot tub would be considered a special location and designs for that non domestic even though it is fitted in gardens. Sorry I couldn't be more help mate and hopefully one or two of the manufacturers you have approached may be able to help, best of luck.

Mike

Hmm thats a debate in itself, I would consider a swimming pool a special location and design it as a commercial install rather than Domestic, I would even think a large Hot tub would be considered a special location and designs for that non domestic even though it is fitted in gardens. Sorry I couldn't be more help mate and hopefully one or two of the manufacturers you have approached may be able to help, best of luck.

Mike

Many thanks, all help is appreciated,
I was toying with ideas like high power linear led's maybe illuminating a stretched ceiling as a feature lighting, i don't seem to to find many surface mounted fittings (wall or ceiling) that have integral Dali ballasts/dimmers to be used for functional lighting.................

Try getting intouch with CP electronics aswell mate they deal with this kind of stuff day in day out and would be able to advise you, help spec an install, point you in the right direction of suitable lighting manufacturers

one thing I will say is if you come across a company called fagerhult avoid them they are expensive and their lights are **** poor quality wise when you look at how much they cost

cp electronics will help with the controls,,exor have some decent kit with wireless controls,,or you could try loutron lighting,,,these guy will help with the controls side of things,, you could try a company called southgate speak to a person called guy say cronshaw electrical have recomeded you,,they will help with the lighting design and the controls to go with it, our company prob spends a couple of mil a year with them there very helpful,

i like dali.. my favourite artist.

download (8).jpg

Reply to Swimming pool Dali-dsi lighting ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net