Discuss TC-ER-JP, cable used for minisplit system -- should it be in conduit outside ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

ekubec

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, folks.'

I have a carrier 38MGRQ48E '5 zone' mini split system with 4 'heads'/evaporators installed, and one 'channel' still open. Had it installed about 6 years ago.

At the time the tech said "You really should install the fifth one in your bedroom."

I didn't listen to him and now i regret my life choices
smile.gif

So I have called the same company to install the fifth one. They are almost done--missing a ferrite beaded pigtail for the 5th 'circuit' but I am concerned over the wiring. The other 4 are in flexible conduit. Like every other AC high voltage conductor I have outside, they are appropriately shielded. This one they have have used southwire 14guage TC-ER-JP (which I have learned stands for Tray Cable-Exposed Run - Joist Pull) this rated for direct burial and is 'sunlight resistant.'

It is zip-tied to existing flexible conduit, and exposed outside where it goes into the condenser.

Is this legit?

thanks for the opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-28-03-43-40-43_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 3

Reply to TC-ER-JP, cable used for minisplit system -- should it be in conduit outside ? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a 20mm steel conduit drop to an accessory box buried in the wall. It was previously used for lighting cables and had 2 x 1.5 t+e and 1 x...
Replies
Views
hello guys I have a lighting install at high level outside a house. I don’t need additional mechanical protection and would like to use a good...
Replies
Views
M
I recently purchased my first house and have decided to re-instate the electrical supply out to the shed. I’m a maintenance technician offshore so...
Replies
Views
spary
S
G
Hi all, I'm an ELV consultant (mostly sound and video systems for hotels, theatres, schools, etc. all commercial projects and mostly new...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently on a level 2 C&G course at college with a bit of experience. I have to install a socket outside in the shed in my own house...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock