Discuss Testing & Inspection - Registration ???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

2tees

-
Reaction score
Hi guys,
After a long while out of trade I've updated myself to the 17th edition (having qualified to 15th back in the 80's), (part p too for what it's worth) and I've just passed the C&G 2394(initial verification) & 2395(periodic inspections) and want to be able to offer testing & inspections too.
My question is do I need to be registered with NICEIC or ELECSA etc to do this (T & I ) or can I set up as a sole trader and advertise these services ?

All advice gratefully received :yesnod:

you can just set up and offer these services you dont have to be a member of a scam to do EICRs but to carry out initial verification work on domestic you do
But larger businesses may ask for registration of a scam such as ELECSA/ECA or NICEIC

but as for EICRS you can do that as long as your competent to do so and should get indemnity insurance as well as the usual PLI

Hi 2tees if your talking about domestic then in this day and age you don't even need to bee part p to do an eicr
bruce lees hands were to fast

you can just set up and offer these services you dont have to be a member of a scam to do EICRs but to carry out initial verification work on domestic you do
But larger businesses may ask for registration of a scam such as ELECSA/ECA or NICEIC

but as for EICRS you can do that as long as your competent to do so and should get indemnity insurance as well as the usual PLI
how many more times..just how many more..
NO NO and NO again!!

you dont need to be a member of any scam to carry out installation & verification works..
it may be advantagious if you were....depending of course on just how many notifyable jobs you intend to carry out over the course of a year....

if it were just a few jobs...then notifying each job you do to the LABC may work out more cost effective...you would of course have to put the costs into the price you quote for the job...as its the clients responsibility..to have LABC informed of any notifyable works going on at their property/premises....

you can do this on the clients behalf...but dont forget to price for it...

and as far as carrying out ECRs is concerned...if you are competant to do it...then crack on...regardless of what this scam & that scam would have you believe...

Re: Testing & Inspection - Registration ????

If want to just do Inspection & Testing, being in possession of 2391 carries infinitely more credibility than being a member of any scheme.
indeed Archy...
but yet again its not a cast in stone requirement...
definately a demonstration of competance (together with the relevant experience of course)...

- - - Updated - - -

and public indemnity is for pat testing...

indeed Archy...
definately a demonstration of competance (together with the relevant experience of course)...

- - - Updated - - -

But if I say something is fine and then someone gets a shock shortly after and my butt gets sued wouldn't I be better off having the indemnity??

Re: Testing & Inspection - Registration ????

indeed Archy...

- - - Updated - - -

surley tho if I declare something safe and someone else gets a shock in the future and my butt gets sued then I'm better having the indemnity ???

i`m sick of reading misleading posts about how you have to be a scam member to carry out and notify works carried out...

You are right to a point. As a professional trades person you should be expected to advise any customers of the requirements of Part P - if you chose not to, your defence would be some what undermined but your failure to disclose...

You are right to a point. As a professional trades person you should be expected to advise any customers of the requirements of Part P - if you chose not to, your defence would be some what undermined but your failure to disclose...
indeed...
but advising..is not being a member is it...

although as you says...not advising would make you look a bit of a `member`...

Sorry Glenn forgot to mention the LABC as a alternative but at £190 a pop round here it wouldnt take to many jobs to make it worthwhile being a member of a scam
as for indemnity i thought that was to cover you for anything you may write incorrectly or give incorrect information thats leads to it all going pear shaped

Professional indemnity insurance, covers legal costs and expenses incurred in your defence, as well as any costs that may be awarded, if you are alleged to have provided inadequate advice, services or designs that cause your client to lose money

If want to just do Inspection & Testing, being in possession of 2391 carries infinitely more credibility than being a member of any scheme.

That and years of experience,
Knew a guy who was assessed for his work by a 20 something with a degree and not a lot else wanted to argue things that where ridiculous

Reply to Testing & Inspection - Registration ???? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net