Discuss The job that just keeps giving. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Expecting a are tomorrow.

Fault report,

"Whole board blown"

Found the circuit that had a dead short and was not only taking out the B6 MCB but also the B63 at the feed DB.

This was an outside circuit feeding two lanterns either side of the door...

And some new (Yesterday) sockets, just installed for the Xmas lights. Circuit is a lighting circuit amd not only had no RCD it had no earth, snipped of so tight there's no hope of reinstating it..

Was in the process of pricing a new cable to a small CU near the outside lights when I was informed that some sockets weren't working and niether were the EM lights.

Could not get into the TP DB as it was in a high traffic area so going back first thing in the morning.

I am quietly dreading opening that DB.

You cant say all that and not provide photos!

make sure your phone is 100% and snap away.
Tomorrow, will get the pictures.

To be honest i get very target focussed, been known to have finished a job before I sign on as I just get stuck in, anoys the office no end.
[automerge]1576784826[/automerge]

To be honest i get very target focussed, been known to have finished a job before I sign on as I just get stuck in, anoys the office no end.
Also got to ne careful not to identify the client.

[automerge]1576784826[/automerge]

Also got to ne careful not to identify the client.
Chinese Takeaway, per chance ???

Well this is the board, it gets worse from there.
[automerge]1576865862[/automerge]
And yes, reactive maintenance.

Attachments

• 20191220_080412.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 53
I like the low profile SWA entry in the bottom with the shroud that protects from horizontal rain damage. I'm always suspicious that child labour may have been used when the breakers are numbered .....5, 6, 7, 6, 9, 10......

Reply to The job that just keeps giving. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net