Discuss The world is doomed. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

All service station food places are expensive.
We recently stopped at the one where the m18 meets the m180 and also had burger king.
Me our lass and granddaughter.
3 burger meals a couple of sides and it came to £32.00
It must be more expensive to warm food up on a motorway :confused:
I think it's because they have to stay open 24hrs.

I think it's because they have to stay open 24hrs.
I thought all fast food joints stayed open 24 hrs regardless of where they are.
The ones round me are.

Having worked in a Domines the way the on screen version of an item is titled often didn't match the customer facing menu, this is probably where confusion reigned. The system often said such things as Texas BBQ minus X plus X, X normally being a code letter for a specific topping or lack of topping.

I thought all fast food joints stayed open 24 hrs regardless of where they are.
The ones round me are.
The word there is have to whereas the ones around you do it through commercial merits. If not the service station has to provide facilities 24hrs and the costs have to cover the peak and troughs.

The word there is have to whereas the ones around you do it through commercial merits. If not the service station has to provide facilities 24hrs and the costs have to cover the peak and troughs.
Can I have the first part in English please mate :D

Ah, Tebay. I always call in there if I'm heading to Scotland. They sell some lovely pies. No Wimpy though :(

My favourite, and this was before most of you were born, was going with my father, who was running a pub at the time, to buy a gross of bread rolls for the turkey sandwiches we were doing at Christmas.

The rolls were 1d (one old penny) each and the girl counted out twelve sets of twelve rolls into a tray. Then she had to work out how much...

Now, since there were 12d in a shilling and we had 12 x 12 rolls, this should have been easy, but she had a new-fangled till that added up for her. We stood patiently, with a growing queue behind us, as she rang them all up one by one; losing count at least twice.

When she finally looked up and told us how much, she looked surprised to see that father had a ten-bob-note and a florin in his hand already.

Stupidity is not a modern phenomenon.

" a ten-bob note and a florin"...brilliant!
maybe 4 half-crowns and 4 tanners, or 12 bob...

Personally, I think inflation started when the 10 bob note was discontinued, but I'm sure it was a retrograde step, whatever...

" a ten-bob note and a florin"...brilliant!
maybe 4 half-crowns and 4 tanners, or 12 bob...

Personally, I think inflation started when the 10 bob note was discontinued, but I'm sure it was a retrograde step, whatever...

The last 10 bob note I used was a Saturday dinner time, me Mam sent me out for fish & chips 4 times and bring the change home. You'd need a fifty now to get any change.

The last 10 bob note I used was a Saturday dinner time, me Mam sent me out for fish & chips 4 times and bring the change home. You'd need a fifty now to get any change.

You must be going to the wrong place... We had chippy tea on Friday. £16....

Popped into a McD's centre of Glasgow prob about 10-15 years ago. My and my brother -
Simple order
Me - two cheeseburgers two drinks to go, please
Employee - Tills are down sir
Me - Oh dear but I see you have piles of hot steaming food over there behind you...in fact some of the staff are eating and drinking some of the "goodies" cant I just get what I ordered and I will pay and leave
Me - Do you want me to work out the total cost for you as the tills are down
Me - Look I have counted out the exact cash just gimmie the food and drink and you can shove this in the till when it becomes unbroken
Me - Can I have a quick chat with a manager ...............The manager appears from out of thin air
Manager -Tills are down sir.....
Me- But, But, But
I eventually turn to brother and say oh look KFC just across the road so we can still eat some horrid food and drink our year's supply of sugar in 5 mins flat....Off we went.
The whole thing was surreal, Not just the fact that they would not sell anything because of the tills being down but the fact that not one of them said any other word apart from parroting "Tills are down sir" this even included the manager apart from adding "it's company policy, sir".

You should of taken an Uzi.
upload_2018-12-9_9-32-0.jpeg :)https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...JLfAhUKShUIHQB3BGsQMwhrKAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

The whole thing was surreal, Not just the fact that they would not sell anything because of the tills being down but the fact that not one of them said any other word apart from parroting "Tills are down sir" this even included the manager apart from adding "it's company policy, sir".

Not always the employees fault. I bet someone questioned it and the manager came out with your last sentence.... Sometimes it's not worth the hassle of discussing things with a thick manager...

Reply to The world is doomed. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net