Discuss Tools stolen from my van in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bigfranko

Hi there
I'm on this forum to try and spread the word about my stolen items, some thieving f&£kers got into my van on 29th of december, in Elgin . Scotland. They took my Bosch 36v hammer drill, Bosch gbh4 110v hammer drill, Bosch 18v battery drill, bosch 190 circular saw, bosch 240v gop tool, bosch fixings box, Makita 240v angle drill, megger pat4 tester, sound meter, megger mft 1730 serial no 101077730, had it a month. And numerous other tools, if anyone is offered anything like this please let me know
thanks

Hi and welcome.

Good luck getting your tools back, did you check ebay listings and Cash Converters?

I'm checking eBay and gumtree but nothing yet, will have to go in past cash converters. Police didn't even come and look at my van . They said is wasn't worth it, there was still footprints in the side door of the van!

I'm checking eBay and gumtree but nothing yet, will have to go in past cash converters. Police didn't even come and look at my van . They said is wasn't worth it, there was still footprints in the side door of the van!
that's the problem with the police now, even if they were caught on cctv i doubt it.

really you need slam locks and to take valuables out now because you cant trust people (or get a van vault and bolt through the floor)

Sorry to hear this mate, hope you manage to get some/ most of it back - a really bad start to the NY.

Marvo, would this get better coverage on the main forum, I know there's been some recent success with stolen tools?

Everyone can see it here mate, the headline "stolen tools" usually gets most of our attention.
Really hope you get the gear back mate.

I know! Was looking forward to the new year but goes to show! Always some gypsy out there to swipe the carpet from under your feet. It's hard enough to make a living but when someone that just steals for a living and probably gets a house for nothing comes along and takes your hard earned goodies takes the biscuit!!

There's certainly a difference between nicking someones stuff and nicking the tools that they need to earn a living with.

Sadly putting them in prison sometimes allow them to expand their professional network so they come out and carry on breaking the law.

There's certainly a difference between nicking someones stuff and nicking the tools that they need to earn a living with.

Sadly putting them in prison sometimes allow them to expand their professional network so they come out and carry on breaking the law.

should do a term in there then given a chance to earn money to repay what was stolen (may make them thing about stealing again) and if they cannot get a job= back in slammer

I'll have to check. There is an mart on ,on Wednesdays, il have to have a look about,.. Always wondered how these people get rid of items as I'm guessing I won't see the local again, how do they do it??

Unfortunately there are always plenty who will buy knocked off gear or there would be no market for it.

I am very sorry for your loss, I hope at least you have some left to get on with.

Had a shipping container done once on site over the weekend, they found our gear 4 weeks later at Holyhead about to get on a ferry to Ireland, along with all the other gear from no less than 10 other sites that were done that weekend. Scum

I'll have to check. There is an mart on ,on Wednesdays, il have to have a look about,.. Always wondered how these people get rid of items as I'm guessing I won't see the local again, how do they do it??
Possibly, bit late now but if taken during the night, the toe rags usually hide them nearby and pick them up in the daytime.
The idea being if stopped at night by the police for any reason, they have nothing on them. Sorry for your lost, it takes years to build up a good set of tools. Hopefully you are insured. It happened to me back in the 80's when at that time nearly all trades vans were targets.

And it also worth marking your drills with your post code use a soldering iron to melt it into the case it may not stop them getting nicked but will make it a lot harder for them to sell on .

Reply to Tools stolen from my van in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net