Discuss Vans been done in :( in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tidy Max

Think i've been targeted, noticed a hammer drill had gone awol on site yesterday. Couldn't understand where i had left it racked my brains last night.

Gone out this morning to this...
10917278_10153132660299015_1926964392938576141_n.jpg

Ipod, regs book, wallet, everything is still in the front, the rear has been opened, only thing that has gone is Makita 18v oscilliator.

So sorry to hear that Tidy, it just guts you completely.

As above you will have to get some locks fitted to keep them out. It's awful when you just can't get on with doing your job.

Yeah i know, its really landed me in the **** to be honest.

Can anybody recommend any locks or security devices? Just googling now, need to go and pick some up today.

Absolutely devastated, house is wired for cctv but not been able to afford it yet :(

Sorry to hear about this Tidy.

I've got a new x 4 camera CCTV knocking around which I am going to fit into my own house in a couple of months when doing some building work. Do you want to lend it until you can get your own? Or buy it from me now and pay when you can? Dont care if it is 3 months later, you need to get something set up asap.

Paul that is an extremely kind gesture. I will build something i have a couple of old PC's lying around and i will source an couple of old cams. The main thing is getting the van secure again, i am going to get some prices on alarms today.

Thank you very much mate though it is much appreciated. Its looking like the glass people can't even do the glass today so i am going to have to drive to my mums and garage the van tonight.

The nearest crime to our house is 4 miles away the copper thinks i have been targeted too.

Sorry to hear that mate, same thing happened to me last year, emptied the van test gear the lot. Looks like you have a Citroen berlingo or Peugeot partner van same van I had when it happened to me smashed the front quarter window, pulled the latch on front door and it opens the central locking. Best get an alarm fitted. Makes me so angry as your tools are your bread and butter at the end of the day plus the old bill don't really give a sh!t.

Cheers chap, the forum kindness is heart warming. Sent you a PM Paul. Thanks for the offer of the camera too I= my builder mate is coming round this week to get the outhouse sorted for me too. Very steep learning curve. 8 years of keeping a vehicle with tools in sounds like i have had a good run, alarm and van security will always be a priority now.

Just phoned a few customers who owe me various amounts too and explained so should have an alright bit of money going in to my account today with any luck. Unfortunately the customer whos job i was supposed to be on today wasn't too nice about it!

2 busted ribs last weekend, been off work all week apart from one day. All my customers have been very nice about it. The jobs that needed doing this week I got another sparky to do them for me. One of my customers is a Dr/Chiropractor and he is going to give free treatment when I'm at his house next week bless him, really nice chap and understanding. It would be nice if all the customers were like him.

I would devise a method to bypass the central locking when you need to - won't take much , a simple bypass through the fuse would do it.

Ive had lots of help off forum members already, big thanks to PaulM and EoinConway.

Heading over to get an alarm installed on the van and pick some plywood and panel bolts to patch the quarter light up myself.

Can't get a window until TUESDAY because citroen don't sell them to glass suppliers. They are manufacturer only part.

Hopefully picking up a DVR today too, if not PaulM is sorting me out because he is a very lovely man!!

Thanks for all the replies.

And as for bypassing the central locking ill be ripping the effing thing out.

Ive had lots of help off forum members already, big thanks to PaulM and EoinConway.

Heading over to get an alarm installed on the van and pick some plywood and panel bolts to patch the quarter light up myself.

Can't get a window until TUESDAY because citroen don't sell them to glass suppliers. They are manufacturer only part.

Hopefully picking up a DVR today too, if not PaulM is sorting me out because he is a very lovely man!!

Thanks for all the replies.

And as for bypassing the central locking ill be ripping the effing thing out.

You need a PIR controlled security light, a buzzer or other kind of audible warning and a shotgun loaded with grains of rice.

Rig the PIR to trigger the light outside and the buzzer in your bedroom and when bandit triggers it come out with the shotgun and shoot bandit in the arse with it.

An accountant I had did this when he got sick of his garage being broken into and his deep freeze being emptied.

He only needed to do it once and they never came back.

I've had allsorts going through my mind today Geordie!. Van alarms with aux outs to RF switches that can trigger theatrical maroons hidden in the front yard etc

Van alarms going in now anyway, just been and picked up an old dvr too, Signed up a berlingo forum to see if theres any advice or tips/tricks when it comes to switching off the central locking or any decent van locks people can recommend. I have no idea why they even bother selling them with bulkheads in if the central locking button remains active after the vans been deadlocked. Its the most ridiculous thing ever.

I've had allsorts going through my mind today Geordie!. Van alarms with aux outs to RF switches that can trigger theatrical maroons hidden in the front yard etc

Van alarms going in now anyway, just been and picked up an old dvr too, Signed up a berlingo forum to see if theres any advice or tips/tricks when it comes to switching off the central locking or any decent van locks people can recommend. I have no idea why they even bother selling them with bulkheads in if the central locking button remains active after the vans been deadlocked. Its the most ridiculous thing ever.

Good lad!

It's a shame tha it's a case of bolting horses & stable doors though.

Don't dismiss your idea of flashbangs though - just DO it!! Every little helps and all's fair in love & war.

I used to use cars and they were Mazda 626 Hatchbacks. For me they were perfect I could get all my toolboxes & drills, saws, fittings everything in the space behind the back seats and it was all hidden by the parcel shelf and for a couple of years I used to leave the car outside fully loaded and never had any trouble,

Then one night I had an uneasy feeling so emptied the car & brought everything into the house.

That was the night the car was blagged and they stole the radio. It was the only thing left in it.

Van alarms going in now anyway, just been and picked up an old dvr too, Signed up a berlingo forum to see if theres any advice or tips/tricks when it comes to switching off the central locking or any decent van locks people can recommend. I have no idea why they even bother selling them with bulkheads in if the central locking button remains active after the vans been deadlocked. Its the most ridiculous
thing ever.

In the meantime just pull the fuse, or dismantle wiring from back door lock.

It shouldn't take much to put a switched link in the fused supply.

Sorry to hear this mate and if you want to give them a proper surprise you can borrow my lad Jack and leave him in the back with the tools.
That would give the scum a nice surprise when they open the doors.

Attachments

• 552417_2274579721016_285580829_n.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 67
Cheers GMES. Well heartwarmed by how kind everyone has been on the forum. I've had some very kind offers off people it means alot! I keep thinking about it and its ****ing me off but hey ho its happened now time to move on!!

Reply to Vans been done in :( in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net