Discuss Uncommon SWA cable with different coloured cores in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

timhoward

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I was the 2nd sparks taking over a garden office supply job.
The first sparks had fitted 10 sq mm 3 core SWA, but it actually had brown, blue and g/y conductors. The middle was also more like hi tuff in the sense the insulation surrounding the 3 cores resembled a cable in its own right not just a flimsy sheath.
I assume this stuff costs the earth - anyone seen it for sale anywhere?

Superlec do 2C+E versions of 3C SWA:
Not bought that, but when I recently got some LSZH T&E from them it is from one of the Turkish manufacturers.

It can be bought in brown blue green/yellow from many places, including TLC and Toolstation. It doesn't cost any more than the usual colours as far as I can tell.
As for the bedding material, different manufacturers use different materials.
It's not as uncommon as one might think.
CEF usually stock it over here.

Superlec, for example, normally sell both Harmonized colours and Brown/Blue/GrY (and also for some sizes, Numbered cores). There is often a small price difference, I usually check both for the size/length I need, and buy the cheapest (unless there is a specific reason to want a particular type).

Reply to Uncommon SWA cable with different coloured cores in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just taken deilvery of an Electric Car (Mini Electric) and so doing some research into installing a charge point. Supply is a standard Single...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have recently installed a sub main in 4mm 3-core SWA, approx length 45 metres, to feed a small garden office. Final circuits in the...
Replies
Views
I’m wavering a bit on this one. RCD then B10 breaker. 1.5 sq mm 3 core SWA. That runs underground in ducting, then up and feeds about 10 LED class...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My first post here, thought I'd see if it was possible to get some advice or tips... Basically, I had a large amount of block paving and...
Replies
Views
Hi I have been in the electrical contracting industry all my working life 40 years and became a member of the NICEIC in 2006. During this time I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock