Discuss Underpinning knowledge questions NVQlv3 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davidwalmsley

hi every1, i have go tmy AM2 exam in just over 1 month but ive still got about 25 of my NVQ questions to cpmplete but ive gone thruw them so many times but just cant seem remember the answers ,i had completed them all in the second year of my apprentaship but 3 months ago my training officer told me he had lost them....so thanks to his **** up ive had to rack my brains to do all 80 questions again it was hard enought the first time because of how stupid they word the questions. all help will be appreciated more than u cud ever no! :D

Q1- what part of the iee wireing regulation as specified in the latest british standard for electrical installations are relevent to types and uses of wireing syatems, wiring enclosure and equipment?

Q2- What are the procedures for the connection of single face and multi-phase circuits?

Q3- how would you interpret diagrams and drawings to faciliate the connection of wiring systems , wiring enclosures and equipment?

Q4- What are the procedures for proving a connection is electrically and mechanically sound?

Q5- How would you establish which connections in circuitsand protective conductors including connections to terminals are suitable for the purpose for which they are being used?

Q6- what are the requirements of joints and connections to be of strength and conductance to allow for the passage of fault currents and toprevent corrosion?

Q7 - what are the organisational procedures for completion of any necessary documents?

Q8- What part of the iee wiring regulations as specified in the latest british standard for electrical installations are relevent to types and uses of wiring systems,wiring enclosures and equipment?

Q9- where would you find out about the principles of electrical theory , which allow for the safe installation of electrical wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment?

Q10- whatis the purpose and requirements of the system to be commissioned?

Q11- what are the requirements of an inspection? with reference to : selection,identification and connection of conductors, protection againts contact and fire, labelling , access to switchgear , warning notices, diagrams and instructions.

Q12- what best practices apply to thhe methords of testing , their inter-relationship and sequence?

Q13- what are the approved procedures and requirements for commissioning the installation?

Q14- what are the approved reporting procedures?

Q15- how would you carry out the tests and what is their effect on equipment that isn't part of the fixed installation?

Q16- what part of the iee wiring regulations as specified in the latest british standard for electrical installations are relevent to types and uses of wiring systems ,wiring enclosures and equipment?

Q17- where would you find out about the principles of electrical theory, which allow for the safe installation of electrical wiring systems, wiring enclosures and equipment?

Q18 - what are the implications for relevant parties of carrying out diagnosis and rectification of faults?

Q19- how would you carry out an assessment of risksand plan a safe system of work? with reference to : access to the workplace , preventing unauthorised access, others working at the workplace, systems and equipment integrity and the working conditions and the working environment.

Q20- What are the advantages and limitations of fault diagnosis techniques?

Q21- what are the main types, advantages and limitations of tests instruments?

Q22- what are the methods and the correct procedures to follow for correcting faults?

Q23-what are the organisational requirements with regard to informing relevant people about the test results and completing all relevant documentation?

Q24-what are the legal responsibilities for health and safety in accordancewith current health and safety legislation, regulations and codes of practise?

Q25-what are the latest, relevant industry standards applicable to diagnosing and correcting faults in electrical systems and requipment?

Q26- what would you find out about principles of electrical theory and installation techniques for diagnosing and correcting faults in electrical systems and equipment?

finally , ive never typed so much in my life lol, i typed everything word for word how it is on the paper they word it strangly. hope any1 can help me with these. thank you so much for your time and kindness :D and happy new year!

Last edited by a moderator:
yup thats what i mean by the way the word them its strange , i am is still trying to do them aswell as trying to get help on here ive just done question Q's 3 7and 9, cant wait to get these done and my AM2 finnished so i can start up by myself :) got a nice 5 bedroom house to wire up in july so i will be needing a cuple of sparkys at that time , good cash too.

Reply to Underpinning knowledge questions NVQlv3 help in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net