Discuss Up Down wall lighting for a large lounge with 12 foot ceilings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rikkitiki

Hi,

i am looking to find some large up down wall lights, but am having trouble finding anything larger then 30 cm in width. Any suggestions and ideas would be great! Need to be quiet modern but be able to cast light and show off the amazing coving in this Victoria period building.

Thanks

Very Expensive in my opinion but go up to 42cm width. Can't say I've ever used them so can't comment on how much light they cast.
White Slim Ceramic Up Down Wall Light 42cm

Or maybe wall mount something like this? Could point 2 up 2 down or 2 down and 2 at features in the room you wish to highlight? Not saying this exact model but you can get some really smart looking varieties of this style. Also can get them up to 1m wide.

Blocs Ceiling Light - 2 Arm Black Chrome

Most electrical wholesalers will give you a lighting catalogue if you ask them.

Also depending on the budget they may also do a lighting deign for you with specified fittings for what you need.

Have been through many and am just struggling to find something good. Looking between 160 and 300 quid each. But have to use the existing points as it is a listed building. May have to find a supplier that makes them and get them custom made.

Any ideas?

there are litrally dozens of manufactures out there who do lights which you would like, the cost is the factor, however 3 names for starters who I know make them because I have fitted hundreds, (1) Thorlux (2) Thorn (3) Dextra, go and have a browse using google and good luck

Reply to Up Down wall lighting for a large lounge with 12 foot ceilings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When I notice one of those new lodge sites. A bit like the old caravan parks but way more modern. Composite cladding, plastic ridged rood tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, As context, I am a DIY-er. I am trying to change a ceiling light fixture and I just want to double check my approach before I do it to...
Replies
Views
I have a fairly typical setup of the light on my landing being able to be controlled by both a switch on the landing and a switch at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Bare with me, hope this makes sense.... I have 3 separate mains (240v) lighting circuits in my kitchen all going back to a 3 way 1G wall...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock