Discuss User friendly GU10 fire rated downlights in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brizospark

I have a shed load of GU10 fire rated downlights to wire in the next couple of weeks. Customer wants brushed chrome and will be fitting retro fit LED 5w bulbs. Which Make/model do you guys find are best for ease and speed of installation

Some of the ones I have used before have been poor quality as in not much space to terminate and connector strip screws cross threaded and also very flimsy

Looking to fit these out quickly and efficiently

Hi Brizo,

I put up a similar thread a while ago and had some good responses. The ones I went for were the JCC fireguard range (GU10) from screwfix. In particular the JC94213.

If you follow the link below you can read the thread and in particular what i thought of them on post number 39 and 41 of that thread.

Plenty of room to terminate!

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...al-electrical-forum/72289-downlighters-4.html

Ansell icage are the easiest I have fitted. Properly sized terminal boxes and terminal blocks make for easy looped connections.

The jcc fireguard are good too, and usually a bit cheaper.

i never loop T/E at the fittings. T/E looped into line enclosure then approx. 9" 0.75mm H/R flex to downlighter.

Click flame guard are designed to properly terminate twin into. No fiddly clamps to mess with and the connector is not one of the crappy plastic things.

About £7.30 each

Hi All,

First time poster here!

I'm also looking for some fire-rated downlight fittings suitable for a Megaman 6w dimmable LED. I've looked at the JCC ones that have been reccomended, however, they all seem to come with bulbs, which I don't need.

I've found some pretty cheap 'Red Arrow' fittings - does anyone have any experience with these? If not, could someone reccommend a fitting that is around the £5-£6 mark in addition to the Toolstation ones mentioned above?

Mant thanks!

Ansell ones are nice to terminate into with two side by side cable entries individually clamped with the cover clips on and off without any screw clamps, so quick and easy to install and plenty of room from where cable is clamped to the connection block, so you have a bit of length to play with unlike others. Only bad point to them are the springs aren't brilliant but ok as long as nothing obstructs fitting or cables attached to it.

Reply to User friendly GU10 fire rated downlights in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net