Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Van for sale in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I’ve got my Citroen Berlingo for sale. £8,250. 67 plate, still in warranty. I’ve only had it since November, but I’m buying a bigger van.
roof rack and tow bar included. Ply lined in back with shelving. Aftermarket reversing camera. Location Scottish Borders.

DF5F9511-819F-43ED-8CAE-14CE31C82BAC.jpeg
5FE45442-0B1E-4533-B085-815CBD2EC376.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

Van..... bloody van. Not can

Last edited:
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Postage would be diesel cost down to scouse-land plus train ticket back to Berwick.

don’t you want a test drive first?;):oncomingpolice:

Thanks whoever edited my post title

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Postage would be diesel cost down to scouse-land plus train ticket back to Berwick.

don’t you want a test drive first?;):oncomingpolice:

Thanks whoever edited my post title
i coulln't manage with a small van. my Hiace is just the right size for what i carry.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
i coulln't manage with a small van. my Hiace is just the right size for what i carry.
Booze and fags. Lol.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Booze and fags. Lol.
along with a stack of bits, sockets, switches, MCBs, LED lamps, cable, 6 organisers for screws, wagos, crimps, SWA glands etc, back boxes,pattresses, cable ties, tape, heat shrink, and loads more. rare i go on a fault and not got van stock to fix in 1 visit.

and that's on top of 3 tool totes, a fatmax toolbox, 3 drill cases, multitools, MFT etc.

all the last line come off when van is left overnight. savage guard Chihuahuas in daytime.

Last edited:

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
MCBs, LED lamps, cable, 6 organisers for screws, wagos, crimps, SWA glands etc, back boxes,pattresses, cable ties, tape, heat shrink, and loads more. rare i go on a fault and not got van stock to fix in 1 visit.
Like mine a warehouse on wheels.just about got a shopping trolley in mine.

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
That’s why I’m buying a bigger van.

keep running back and forward getting stock that I’ve got in storage

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
I’m getting an 18 plate vw transporter for 16.5k
Nothing wrong with it. Just a lucky find.

Try one of those webuyanyCan.com sites if can't sell it. You'll get less for it but it will be quicker to sell and less hassle

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Yeh. Been on We Buy Any Van, but they already gave me a lesser offer without looking at it.
In no big rush. Need to get my corona Bounce Back Loan sorted first but rbs are dragging their heels.

Anyone else got one? I applied last Tuesday.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Try one of those webuyanyCan.com sites if can't sell it. You'll get less for it but it will be quicker to sell and less hassle
tried that once with a Shogun. they offered me £850. I got £1500 on ebay. i don't call that less, i call it a rip-off.

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hadn’t thought of eBay... reserve at 8k, see how high it can go?

tried that once with a Shogun. they offered me £850. I got £1500 on ebay. i don't call that less, i call it a rip-off.
Depends how you looking at it and how much luck will you get with potential buyers.
You need to weight your time off work or at weekends to show them the van and test drive it fees from fleebay etc against any potential price different they will offer. If time is critical and you can swallow say 500 quid then way not.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Depends how you looking at it and how much luck will you get with potential buyers.
You need to weight your time off work or at weekends to show them the van and test drive it fees from fleebay etc against any potential price different they will offer. If time is critical and you can swallow say 500 quid then way not.
are you after schofield's job? :) :)

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I’m getting an 18 plate vw transporter for 16.5k
Nothing wrong with it. Just a lucky find.
Nice, best van I’ve ever had a Transporter.

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Great. I’m looking at ideas for shelving out the back. It’s ply lined, nice square boxing over the wheel arches. Metal bulkhead.
Will need to get roof bars for it for my pipe tube
Nice, I’m in a Transit Custom now. Have it all racked with different boxes for all my most used items etc.

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
Great. I’m looking at ideas for shelving out the back. It’s ply lined, nice square boxing over the wheel arches. Metal bulkhead.
Try alidi they have got a great rack system boxes bananas.

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed
I have a Transporter as well brilliant vans easy to drive and quite quick even when loaded.
IMG_1742.JPGIMG_1745.JPGIMG_0300.JPGIMG_0298.JPG

Would say the metal bulkhead is a real heat sponge in the winter and needs some sort of insulation.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
MAKES MY HOME MADE SHELVING ( OUT OF STAINLESS FASCIA PANELS ) ANF MY BREAD TRAY STORAGE LOOK AMATEURISH, BUT IT COST NOTHING.

apologies for the caps lock.

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
You got sliding doors on both sides? @David Prosser

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Ah. The one I’m getting is single slider on passenger side, and barn doors at back.

if I build a lot of shelving with ply, it’s going to add a lot of weight to the back. Might even get my stepladders to fit in upright

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed
you can get a neat device fitted for putting your steps inside on the roof.
1594476539246.png

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
I’m 6’1.... I’d bang my head off the steps up there.

I’ve got a little set for domestic. Cheap 3 way that can open up on a staircase.
When I bought my first berlingo, I had to cut the top rung off to make them fit neatly. (Didn’t want them on the roof)

David Prosser

-
Arms
Esteemed
What is the device called.
Interior ladder rack, you can get them from vanrackingsolutions or similar from
jet-rack.

-
Arms
Esteemed
Yeh. Been on We Buy Any Van, but they already gave me a lesser offer without looking at it.
In no big rush. Need to get my corona Bounce Back Loan sorted first but rbs are dragging their heels.

Anyone else got one? I applied last Tuesday.
I did mine with Santander...in the account in about 48 hours from applying for it. Couple of trade mates the same.
Another trade mate with no previous business account has pretty much given up hope of getting a BBL.

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
@littlespark how many miles has it got?

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
25800 ish
I just gave it a clean today, but I got to take it out on jobs tomorrow again

as for the bbl, I don’t have a business account, so I had to open a feed in account for the loan to be paid into. This is the one that’s taking time
Is It +VAT?

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
In not vat registered, so that’s the price.
Funny.... I think it was first registered in Kent

Leesparkykent

Mod
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
In not vat registered, so that’s the price.
Funny.... I think it was first registered in Kent
I’ll have a look tonight at CAP prices and also how much it would cost for me to have it transported to here, if that’s ok mate and I’ll come back to you?

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I’ll have a look tonight at CAP prices and also how much it would cost for me to have it transported to here, if that’s ok mate and I’ll come back to you?
why not catch a train up and drive the van back. be the longest test drive ever. :D :D

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I’d rather stick pins in my eyes than catch a train all the way up there :laughing:.
too far from your fake tan bed?

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Managed to get through to rbs to ask about my loan:
28 working days just to open the feeder account. Now they know it’s for a BBL then they’ll push it on to 14-15 working days. (It’s been 9 now already)
Then another 4 to 5 working days to process the bbl.

my wife is now suggesting we take out the full 50k. Use some for the van and rest to use as a deposit on a little flat to do up and sell.
this is the same woman that swore never to get into property again after our last attempt.

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
A woman changing her mind ???
Yeah. What a surprise.
A question for our ladies on the tools, SC and Julie et al....
When you’re buying tools, do you go to one screwdriver shop, have a look, then spend 5 hours walking round every other screwdriver shop, only to return to the first one and buy what you saw 5 hours ago?

;)

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yeah. What a surprise.
A question for our ladies on the tools, SC and Julie et al....
When you’re buying tools, do you go to one screwdriver shop, have a look, then spend 5 hours walking round every other screwdriver shop, only to return to the first one and buy what you saw 5 hours ago?

;)
and if the're aything like Mrs. Tel, get a £40 ticket for overstaying the 3 hour parking limit. ( not only an isolated occurence. she now done it 3 times).

littlespark

-
Arms
Esteemed
Update.

I sold my van back to the dealer i bought it from. Not what i wanted, but i hadn't had a serious offer from public marketplace.
Been today and picked up the VW Transporter. Same place i met a couple of hundred angry wasps... so that's twice i got stung today... Boom Boom!

Its ply lined, floor and walls. with plastic bulkhead between cab and rear space. Plastic trim on roof, so not possible to fix anything like a stepladder bracket to the inside of the roof.
Will just have to build a shelving unit ad hoc as i need it.

Looking online for a roof bar system just now. Ebay has a 2 or 3 bar product from "Ultibar" which looks ok. Has the slot along the top to fix down my pipe tube.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Van for sale in the For Sale and Wanted Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom