Discuss Vivaro electrical problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hope I am in the right place.
I have an 08 Vivaro which has developed some kind of electrical problem. My mechanic mate has put some noids on to test the voltage to the injectors. He is telling me it looks like it may be a fault with the ecu or the wiring loom.
Has anyone else suffered from a similar problem? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards
Bob.

What is the some kind of electrical problem exactly?
07 plate vivaro owner here!
Last time I had a loom problem was under the scuttle panel below the Windscreen, time before that it was the plug for the electrics under the header tank, the plug is carp! And they all seem to be wired to E sharp so could be as simple as a broken wire!
Sy

What is the some kind of electrical problem exactly?
07 plate vivaro owner here!
Last time I had a loom problem was under the scuttle panel below the Windscreen, time before that it was the plug for the electrics under the header tank, the plug is carp! And they all seem to be wired to E sharp so could be as simple as a broken wire!
Sy
Hello Sy
Sorry about the vagueness…the some kind of problem basically means it won’t start. It just turns over. This showed up as a fault on my mate’s code reader. It happened in the very cold weather we had just before Christmas. And it was parked under an acorn tree between July and December while was working in Cornwall. Lots of acorns near the windscreen motor.
Thanks
Bob.

Ok so first have you got fuel at the injectors? If you pump the manual fuel pump next to the filter does it get slowly more pressurised?
Have you got critters living in your air box that have stuffed it full of leaves? (no joke O/H had a family of mice living in hers and totally blocked the air filter)
Also have you tried another key? I've known immobilizer to give issues with one key and not the other.
Next question is how good is your mates code reader?
If you can get a decent one plugged into the van it should refine and narrow down your problem a bit more!
If not then start at the ignition and work your way through it bit by bit in order and you should locate the issue!
Sy

Ok so first have you got fuel at the injectors? If you pump the manual fuel pump next to the filter does it get slowly more pressurised?
Have you got critters living in your air box that have stuffed it full of leaves? (no joke O/H had a family of mice living in hers and totally blocked the air filter)
Also have you tried another key? I've known immobilizer to give issues with one key and not the other.
Next question is how good is your mates code reader?
If you can get a decent one plugged into the van it should refine and narrow down your problem a bit more!
If not then start at the ignition and work your way through it bit by bit in order and you should locate the issue!
Sy
Thanks for that.
I have let him know what your experience tells you and he thinks you have pretty much nailed it. He will be back next week and I will let you know what happens.
Cheers.

Reply to Vivaro electrical problem in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net