Discuss Wall Chasers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sav

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good wall chaser ??

I have another rewire coming up soon and have read up on these chasers and they seem good. I wanted your expert opinions before I go out and one.
I have approx £120.00 to spend ( I already have a heavy duty vacum with attachments for these ).

Thanks guys and gals,

Sav:)

i use a a terminal screwdriver and lump hammer, takes a while but is a really good finish!! :p lol

in reality i use a hilti drill and a chisel bit takes a bit longer but for little initial outlay.

did a six bed new build with it, and didnt go over my estimated time.

but will splash out on a chaser eventually.

but if cash is an issue you can get round it, just need to be a bit carefull :)

also done rewires using it but obviouslt that would take a little longer but still easily done.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an Erbauer one, is about the money your talking, I LOVE IT!!!!

Hit the chase with a small sds chisel, job done in a couple of mins!

BIG dislike of mine is it is a real struggle to get it back in the box with the discs on, but you get used to it!

I've a makita wall chaser
Used it a lot while doing rewires for hull council as they spec was all house in tube
Really good for this
Don't find it as good as a grinder though in rewires doing at moment were it's capping
It just collecting dust in lock up

I have an Erbauer one, and think its great, just wish I could use it in occupied houses, but a bit to dusty for that, even with a vac.

ian

definately have to be a sparkey done over 200 chases last year in a period of 3 months not a prob for this stil going strong and good on the pocket aswell bonus invest in a pack of diamond discs tho

Hi Sav,
I haven't use this model but have a Erbauer one from screwfix which is very similar (a good bit of kit), but only use it with a dust extractor if you dont you will end up with very angry customer because you will not be able to see your hand in front of your face within seconds.

Reply to Wall Chasers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net