Discuss Waste disposal unit jammed. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Suffolklad

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,
Waste disposal unit humms for a few seconds then trips the reset button, tried all advice on forums, reset button, allen key method but with all my strength cannot budge in either direction, feels as if it is welded solid, nothing viewable jammed in it, any new advice please or am I simply wasting my time and a new one will be required. :sad_smile:

Welcome to the forum Suffolklad, I have approved your thread for the general forum for now for a quick response, when admin' is next on line you will be given access for DIY section and the thread relocated although this will not effect any postings made.

Re' Darkwood

1 Contact the manufacturers, see if they may have something to say.
2 take it out, dismantle, clean, put back together - if you got the skills. Or get someone to do it.
Get a new one if above solutions fail.

should be a allen key that slots into the bottom of unit to move it back an forward to free unit up just keep at it little bit at a time

Last edited:
Lets just add and might be common sense here but its best to throw it out there, ensure you have isolated the power before entertaining the thought of trying to unblock or dismantle the unit these unit are normally automatic and have a history of causing serious injuries. :wink5:

in the same vein, last one i came across had a fault to E giving customer shocks off the sink. i switched off the FCU but the unit was still powered up, due to faulty FCU.

It could be that the motor has internally jammed due to bearing failure. If you can't free it by hand it will need removing and inspecting/dismantling on a bench. You can get spares for most of the commercial types but if the motor is the problem it's probably going to be scrap if it's one of those small domestic units.

Reply to Waste disposal unit jammed. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net