Discuss Wet Pants strikes again in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

richy3333

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
We had to inspect and test a tenanted property this week. We did it last time - 5 years ago. The property had electric storage heating and this was converted over to Rointe type heating. In the interim the present tenant has moved in. He's supposedly a heating engineer and is 'Gas Safe' registered.

Not content with the property and its heating he has installed gas central heating himself. I believe he has the owners consent and they paid him to do it (albeit at a lesser rate I think). This chap has a flashy shiny van and 'talks the talk'. This is what we found (all electrical point were existing before he installed the heating). Now, I pride myself in knowing nothing about plumbing but there wasn't a straight pipe in the house and the majority were not fixed to the wall.

Wet Pants strikes again IMG_0174 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0175 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0177 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0181 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0183 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0191 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0192 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0197 - EletriciansForums.net

Then we found this whilst unplugging everything before testing:
Wet Pants strikes again IMG_0199 - EletriciansForums.netWet Pants strikes again IMG_0200 - EletriciansForums.net

FFS. There really is no excuse for this at all. Whoever did this is most deserving of a hard boot in the baws.

Your report will obviously comment on this situation, and the LL will act accordingly.

Probably nothing wrong with the electrical installation, but something needs to be said about that.

BTW, what happened all the really expensive Rointe heaters?

The fifth picture down is unbelievable, well it all is.

Your report will obviously comment on this situation, and the LL will act accordingly.

Probably nothing wrong with the electrical installation, but something needs to be said about that.

BTW, what happened all the really expensive Rointe heaters?
The retard tried to sell them to me! Honestly. He left me a note asking if I wanted to buy them to offset the cost of the 'real' heating!!

The electrical system was fine save for his masterpiece. I might code some C2's so it fails. The landlord won't then be able to continue his tenancy and his work will have made him homeless (albeit he owns his own house elsewhere) :D

Push fit and crimped fittings?
Glad he didn't try to solder all his joints, or the place would be a burnt out shell.

I would be embarrassed if id done work like that, even in my own house.

Reply to Wet Pants strikes again in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock