Discuss What is this connector? Help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
IMG_20200923_113129_1.jpg

Please help me. I have an electric scooter which is very heavy and I live on the 4th floor. I don't want to carry my scooter up to charge it and have been looking for an adapter so that I can simply remove the battery and charge it separately. Problem is, I have no idea what to search for because I don't know what this connector is called.

You need a charger with the lead adapted to suit your battery. I advise you to go to an auto electrician who should be able to recommend a suitable charger and carry out and modifications for you.

Ok I would rather buy online as I am in a foreign country and don't have enough money to go to an auto electrician.

I just want the name of the connector and I will work out the rest myself. Do you know the name of the connector? Thanks
[automerge]1600877779[/automerge]
Also I have a charger for this battery, I just need an adapter to connect the two as the original adapter is inbuilt into the scooter

It looks like a derivative of the Fastin / Faston 6.35mm receptacle housing (at least it looks like 6.35mm) but there are many makers and one maker's product won't usually fit another. If there are any markings moulded into the plastic, that might narrow down the maker. E.g. Tyco / AMP / JST and a bunch of others.

One solution is to simply push two 6.35mm blade terminals into the sockets. But, there is another problem which is that not all such connectors are designed for repeated insertion & removal. Some have a rated life of 50 insertions or so, after which they don't make good contact. My solution would be to leave that attached to the scooter and put a high current, low resistance connector of a readily available type between that and the battery. I use Amass XT60s for this purpose and find them ideal, the Anderson PowerPole and EC5 are other popular choices.

It looks like a derivative of the Fastin / Faston 6.35mm receptacle housing (at least it looks like 6.35mm) but there are many makers and one maker's product won't usually fit another. If there are any markings moulded into the plastic, that might narrow down the maker. E.g. Tyco / AMP / JST and a bunch of others.

One solution is to simply push two 6.35mm blade terminals into the sockets. But, there is another problem which is that not all such connectors are designed for repeated insertion & removal. Some have a rated life of 50 insertions or so, after which they don't make good contact. My solution would be to leave that attached to the scooter and put a high current, low resistance connector of a readily available type between that and the battery. I use Amass XT60s for this purpose and find them ideal, the Anderson PowerPole and EC5 are other popular choices.

..... Yeah that's what we were all thinking..... The classic fastin 6.35mm..... Wow!?

Reply to What is this connector? Help please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net