Discuss Whats the worst thing youve ever done as an apprentice? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Was in a loft above bedroom being redecorated at that point in time....not much space and getting cramp, saw piece of chipboard, which I placed between the joists to sit on, wiring up a ceiling fan, chipboard snapped in half after a minute or so when I re-positioned myself. Needless to say I heard a 'what the **** are you doing up there?!' I pulled some rockwool away only to see an angrily irate painter looking at me through an arse shaped hole in his lovely painted ceiling and dust everywhere. oops, luckily it was laughed off and forgotten about.....eventually

Luckily I've not managed anything too bad during my 3 years (So Far) I guess the worst was when I said to my supervisor 'Am I ok to wire that cabin ?' he said yes and off I want, Got it wired, Only for one of the office staff to come out and say it was meant to be another electrical firm wiring it. It was a breakdown of communication, Not my fault, Well thats what I told the gaffer anyway

I think the worst thing i did was plug an extention lead in when my supervisor was terminating the other end, i thought he said "plug it in" but he says he said "dont plug it in", needless to say he wasnt very happy with me

I started a bit early in life and was messing about with a motor at home. I was about 13 at the time. I had jammed in some wires into my bedroom socket and didn't have anything to hold the wires onto the motor so held them on with my fingers. One hand on live and one hand on neutral actually pressing the bare copper onto the lugs with my fingers. I can tell you it hurt a bit and had to use my foot to get myself out of the predictament.

Oh and yes i have fallen for the charged up cap in the pocket routine, hey ho - those were the days.

I was a perfect apprentice……. HeHe…….. NOT!

I don’t even know where to start.

Tripping all three 11KV incomers to the works was the worst of them, it was an accident. Honest!
Even the works manager was trying to keep a straight face as he gave me a b*ll*cking.

Setting fire to the motor test bed must come second.

Reply to Whats the worst thing youve ever done as an apprentice? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net