Discuss Whats you Most Money for Smallest Job? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A restaurant owner once gave me a piece of steak, you know what, I was too gobsmacked to ask for the £30 I was going to ask for!

I'm currently charging £1,500 a pop for replacing a GU10 lamp. Inundated with calls from old ladies who cant quite get em out.

Working in Saudi telling indians and phillipinos what to do then going testing it, and being paid a bloody fortune for it. Oh how I wish I was still there

once did a job for a milkman one sat morning can't remember what, but charged him £30 he'd been colecting friday night he payed me in pound coins ! seemed like a fortune as i wadled back to the van with pockets full of dosh!

Had a call out to a local job, no power to a socket. One quick look, socket was an extension lead. I did the obvious, plugged it back in and checked that power had been restored.

Had others where light wasn't working that involved at most changing the lamp, in other cases it just involved ES lamps that needed a little twist after a failed DIY lamp change to drive them home.

Simplest ever was just before Christmas to a customer I have done a little bit of work for...cooker not working. Went down and had to flick 45A switch back to on position. It was Christmas so I let them off with a little explanation of what a switch did and no charge :carolers:

Once had to travel 30 miles each way to reset and rcd because tenant swore blind all breakers were on. One of those rcd's that trips to centre position that pulls down first to reset. Landlord gave me £60 and billed tenants for it due to them insisting nothing had tripped

Once had to travel 30 miles each way to reset and rcd because tenant swore blind all breakers were on. One of those rcd's that trips to centre position that pulls down first to reset. Landlord gave me £60 and billed tenants for it due to them insisting nothing had tripped
I'd of sorted that over the phone. Have done several times. Don't expect civilians to know anything.

Replaced some under cupboard tubes, as i knew the client, I was happy with beer tokens as we go to the same pub, but as we could not agree a date when we would both be there at the same time, got paid in cash - result and beer was had....

I have a deal going with a local cafe. I get free food and drink whenever I am in. I change the odd light bulb here and there and odd bits of maintenance.

I'd of sorted that over the phone. Have done several times. Don't expect civilians to know anything.

Believe me I tried on numerous phone calls to me and the landlord. Eventually landlord asked me to go as he was sick of trying to explain. Best of all tenant was a doctor too, but chinese

I did a fuse board couple of weeks ago, 8 way board all RCBOS, MK, charged £450 which is extortionate, cos I have read on here that you can do a fuse board change for £150!!!

Reply to Whats you Most Money for Smallest Job? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net