Discuss Where next? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

naturals

Hi All,
By way of an introduction, I'm a commercial manager working in the renewables sector, heavily focused on PV work at the minute. Around eight months ago I started doing a C&G Level 1 qualification at my local college, more out of interest than for any long term career advancement. Working in finance and contracts I don't need formal electrical qualifications but I've found myself really enjoying the course and wanting to learn more. The course has mostly been electrical theory and some introduction to the wiring regs; I've just started in the workshop wiring up basic circuits.

My question is what is the best step to take next? I don't want to be collecting expensive qualifications for the sake of it. 17th Edition seems like a logical step as my company will pay for me to take it. Where then?

I'd like to be learning about electrical design, theory and best practice. As an aside I also want to build an electric car at some point soon so any general hand skills (as opposed to fairly specific stuff like how to wire in a consumer unit) would be really handy.

Is there a course that you think would fit the bill? To be frank reading the C&G website is giving me a headache trying to differentiate between the different options. Location is London if that makes a difference.

I was under the impression that you had to be level 3 qualified before sitting 17th??

I'm not really qualified to answer your questions to be honest, all I can say is that I've just finished level 2 C&G 2365 and that was basically all aimed at domestic installations. Sounds like you need to be looking at engineering qualifications. Good luck with whatever you do anyways!

Reply to Where next? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys,I have 2 questions,I have 16th edition and would like to get 18th(been abroad for last 10yrs),do I need to do full edition or is there a...
Replies
Views
Hello all Well, been putting it off, but I need to upgrade my 17th edition to the 18th. Not been a practising sparky for over 5 years, but I have...
Replies
Views
So I recently completed a 4 year apprenticeship, EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and HNC in Electronic and Electrical...
Replies
Views
There's this course that has been launched from this month. It's a qualification same as BTEC level 3. Want to learn A level maths course so as...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, I have been doing the C&G 2919-01 EV course via an online platform and have need to get the exam booked in...been quite busy...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock