Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Who are you with?

• NICEIC (DI)

Votes: 136 11.6%
  • NICEIC (AC)

Votes: 229 19.5%
  • NAPIT

Votes: 122 10.4%
  • ELECSA

Votes: 110 9.4%
  • STROMA

Votes: 78 6.6%
  • None

Votes: 486 41.3%
  • ECA

Votes: 48 4.1%
  • BSI

Votes: 7 0.6%
  • Benchmark

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Select

Votes: 20 1.7%

• Total voters
Aico 3000 Range

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Sinatra I’ll through mine in there. I’m registered with the State of North Carolina as a Master Electrician
Mega, in my day, we used to have three grades. Qualifying with 'A' certificate was 'electrician', 'B' cert 'approved electrician' and 'C' cert 'technician'. All that changed over the years and really came to a head when the schemes came into being. Technician went out of the window, except for air con technicians, fire alarm technicians, electronic technicians etc....and even supply meter technicians. (They just love the word)
I would, however, rank Sinatra in the technician grade....one of the smoothest suppliers of sound I've ever heard.
Post automatically merged:

People must be getting bored, resurrecting 2 year old threads. 😉
It's still relevant, though, to some degree. Not like someone bringing up a two year old fault condition and trying to explain how to solve it.;)

Last edited:

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Mega, in my day, we used to have three grades. Qualifying with 'A' certificate was 'electrician', 'B' cert 'approved electrician' and 'C' cert 'technician'. All that changed over the years and really came to a head when the schemes came into being. Technician went out of the window, except for air con technicians, fire alarm technicians, electronic technicians etc....and even supply meter technicians. (They just love the word)
I would, however, rank Sinatra in the technician grade....one of the smoothest suppliers of sound I've ever heard.
Post automatically merged:

It's still relevant, though, to some degree. Not like someone bringing up a two year old fault condition and trying to explain how to solve it.;)
Technician grade is still a current JIB/ECS grade.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Technician grade is still a current JIB/ECS grade.
Yes, to those qualified under todays terms......why remove it from those in the past. I've been qualified to standard for more than 40 years and, according to those that be, have been degraded to 'approved'.
Mind you, as far as I'm concerned, these days, they can stick it where the sun don't shine. It means SFA.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Yes, to those qualified under todays terms......why remove it from those in the past. I've been qualified to standard for more than 40 years and, according to those that be, have been degraded to 'approved'.
Mind you, as far as I'm concerned, these days, they can stick it where the sun don't shine. It means SFA.
Ah right I'm with you now. Are you saying that C course holders are no longer granted a technician grade ? I thought all legit grades had legacy status.

Reply to Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom