Discuss which electrical courses do i need?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi my employer wants me to go on a electrical course so all electrical work is in-house. we are a large holiday park with over 300+ caravans with a mixture of fleet vans and privately owned also out buildings ie club house swimming pool.at the momment i do like for like and issue a minor works cert please can someone point me in the right direction many thanks.

at the moment nothing ive done alot of electrical installation work in previous employment ive done a basic electrical course also my c&g pat testing course also a like for like im just unsure what i need like 18th, i&t ect

at the moment nothing ive done alot of electrical installation work in previous employment ive done a basic electrical course also my c&g pat testing course also a like for like im just unsure what i need like 18th, i&t ect
Courses are on;y part of the equation to becoming competent JM

What courses you need will depend ultimately on what your employer is wanting you to do, but as Pete has already pointed out courses are only part of the equation, relevant experience is key as well.

Courses will allow you, to an extent, to demonstrate your competent enough to pass exams and complete practical tests.

At the very minimum, in my opinion, you should consider C+G 2382 which is the wiring regulations, 2393 (IIRC) which is building regulations for electricians (so you can understand how these apply to you) and potentially 2391 which is inspection and testing (you could potentially skip 2392 which is initial verification (covers single phase I+T on new works only IIRC).

I do quite a bit of work on a static mobile home park and for the most part it's just like domestic.

Reply to which electrical courses do i need?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net