Discuss Would you extend this RFC? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi - as per Dave.
If the extension has heating that doesn’t rely on this circuit likely the biggest new load will be a vacuum cleaner :) .

I agree too as as long as your ZS is within the the limits of the installation methods .
If I remember correctly 100mtr square was the limit of an RFC without calculation.

The cable length calculation I used was

Vd = L x Ib x (mV/A/M)/ 4 x 1000.
So VD = 113 x 32 x 18 /4000 = 16v

I’ve already divided the end to end value by 4. This is how I was taught to calculate volt drop at the mid point on a RFC.

Does this look correct to you?
I wouldn't use 32A as the design current.

De-rate it to 20A RFC if possible, VD would be less than 5% if using the full 20A load but as the main usage would be the kitchen RFC I doubt the remainder would use 20A (unless electric heating!). Higher max Zs value too!

Reply to Would you extend this RFC? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm Currently doing my design calcs for my college project and doing the actual Zs calculation. Formula is Zs= Ze (or Zdb) + (R1+R2)...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all. Bear with me on this one... Despite having been involved in the electrical industry for many years, I'm only just about to embark...
Replies
Views
On a couple of recent EICRs I've run into FCUs on a RFC, then 1.5 or 1mm to several lighting points and would be interested how people would note...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock