Discuss 17th Edition BS7671 Digital in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

JetPro

Hello guys,

After read a lot about the subject, there is one thing that i don't find the answer anywhere. You could help me.

I am thinking in register myself in the courses 2382-12, 2394, 2395 and 2396. As you must know, all of the courses demand some IET books. Facing that, i am thinking in buy them in digital version.

Does anyone that bought them recently knows what limitations they have? I know that they come with 2 licenses, but i don't know if is possible to print them.

Anyone has feedback with this products?

Thanks in advance! :icon14:

Yes, you can print from the BS7671 digital wiring regulations.
You can also cross reference across several publications (eg. wiring regs, guidance notes, osg, etc.) and cut&paste the referenced passages into one file and then print it.
You can also highlight particular passages for easy identification at a later date.
The biggest benefit of the digital versions is that the one off fee lasts for the duration of the edition of the wiring regulations, so this covers ALL updates and amendments (red, green, yellow, blue and brown) of 17th edition, until the introduction of the 18th edition.

Thank you MarkieSparkie :rockon:. That's the answer that i was looking for. And how about the print quality? Is draft quality with watermarks or something? I think I will buy the digital version as I can print specific pages for specific situations.

Once again, thank you for your helpful answer.

Thank you MarkieSparkie:rockon:. That's the answer that i was looking for. And how about the print quality? Is draft quality with watermarks or something? I think I will buy the digital version as I can print specific pages for specific situations.

Once again, thank you for your helpful answer.

I don't believe there are any serious limitations in software regarding print quality.
There are certainly no watermarks displayed on screen and I don't think any are added to the printed output either, at least not from the demonstration package I saw and played with at ELEX this year. If I didn't have such a financial investment in book copies I would seriously consider it.
Note IET members get a discount on the advertised price.

Wiring Regulations Digital - Business Package

Member price: £214.50
Full price: £330.00

• IET Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008(2011)
  • Guidance Note 1: Selection & Erection
  • Guidance Note 2: Isolation & Switching
  • Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing
  • Guidance Note 4: Protection Against Fire
  • Guidance Note 5: Protection Against Electric Shock
  • Guidance Note 6: Protection Against Overcurrent
  • Guidance Note 7: Special Locations
  • Guidance Note 8: Earthing & Bonding
  • On-Site Guide
  • Electrician’s Guide to the Building Regulations
  • Electrical Installation Design Guide: Calculations for Electricians and Designers
Wiring Regulations Digital - Essentials Package

Member price: £64.16
Full price: £98.70

BS 7671:2008(2011)
On-Site Guide

Note:- Individual titles can be added to either package at a later date as required, and all the IET print titles are available in IET vital-source ebook format.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 17th Edition BS7671 Digital in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net