Discuss 1MW Permitted Development in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I feel like I'm in a time loop here, this was announced at the same time last year, and was supposed to have gone through last autumn. I thought it had gone through already.

Also worth pointing out that this only applies in England - doubtless Wales and Scotland will publish similar legislation soon.

And that the 1MW limit only applies to roof-mounted PV. Ground-mounted systems are still restricted to the 9 square metre limit.

As usual its not quite as simple as you would hope and its not very permitted!

https://gmienergyexpert.wordpress.c...tted-development-threshold-for-rooftop-solar/

I note that article ommited what Class J(c) referred to - the requirement for a planning application only applies to article 2(3) land - i.e

Land within—
(a) an area designated as a conservation area under section 69 of the Planning (Listed
Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 (designation of conservation areas);
(b) an area of outstanding natural beauty;
(c) an area specified by the Secretary of State for the purposes of section 41(3) of the
Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (enhancement and protection of the natural beauty
and amenity of the countryside)(a);
(d) the Broads;
(e) a National Park; and
(f) a World Heritage Site.

I note that article ommited what Class J(c) referred to - the requirement for a planning application only applies to article 2(3) land - i.e

As the planning requirements for ground have essentially not changed I didn't include anything that relates to ground. The section about solar PD rambles on for about 6 or 7 pages and wanted to condense as much as possible. I'm surprised that they didn't increase ground PD to include 4kW systems though, it would have loads of caveats but would be useful to some.

J(c) is "other solar PV equipment on the roof of a building, " where "other" means other than "microgeneration" - which is up to 50kW - under J(b).

Therefore all the conditions that are listed under J.4(2) onwards and which apply only to J(c) applies to all non-domestic roof-mounted PV between 50kW and 1MW.

But nothing prevents anyone from ignoring this and just going through the normal planning application process if they want.

Thanks TedM, that's the kind of interpretation I usually pick up on, missed it this time!

Reply to 1MW Permitted Development in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net