Discuss 2 x portable work cabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I dread to think what the wiring in the 14 houses would look.like if this is such a tricky concept for him to get his head round....

You don't want to see section numbers?!! So what your actually saying is you can't be bothered to educate yourself on this, you just want someone else to do the thinking for you and give you free advise?
Hi everyone I don't want to you to understand wrong off course I want to follow and respect the Bs7671 all I'm asking is help from the boys who's doing this all day long
I all ready put my hands up and said I'm domestic never worked in this field ,if I knew all this I wouldn't ask for help

House rewire is easy for me I do it all day long

We all have to respect each other and work forward

Thank you
Will have to wait and see what the big electricians going to advice me

For example if they say use 2 x 16mm swa to each one this mean I need second electrical box next to the meter with small fusebox to glan the 2x Swa .

I'm confused

That would be the easiest way, enclosed in some sort of weatherproof structure which the builders will probably be happy to make. Then run appropriate circuit to each cabin.

I can't see how section 717 can't apply it lists transportable as containers and cabins and lists welfare units. They are designed to be transported.

If it's pme TT it. If it's a 32 amp plug or under it needs a rcd anyway.

Prysmian do a free cable app that may help start you off with the right size cable.

I can't see how section 717 can't apply it lists transportable as containers and cabins and lists welfare units. They are designed to be transported.
I don't want to start a huge diversion on this topic but this does seem to be an area where different sparks have different interpretations both as to what's in scope, and what constitutes continuous supervision by skilled or instructed people. If you look back at previous threads it's been discussed before on this forum and the iet forum.

I have some sympathy for the argument that the more structures move, the more relevant section 717 is. For example an outside broadcast unit (in a past life I drove one and was the resident engineer) could move every day and be connected to a different supply daily. That is a good example of something being under continuous supervision too. Which is handy as banging an earth rod in at every venue for the antiques roadshow isn't really practical!

Even if this section was in scope, it's been pointed out there is likely to be someone skilled supervising things on a construction site. So PME would be allowed.

16mm swa 3core 30 metre
Cleat
60amp metal kmf switch
Glans

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907-182554_Chrome.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220907-182745_Chrome.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20220907-182652_Chrome.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220907-145946_Chrome.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220907-182554_Chrome.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2
I don't want to start a huge diversion on this topic but this does seem to be an area where different sparks have different interpretations both as to what's in scope, and what constitutes continuous supervision by skilled or instructed people. If you look back at previous threads it's been discussed before on this forum and the iet forum.

I have some sympathy for the argument that the more structures move, the more relevant section 717 is. For example an outside broadcast unit (in a past life I drove one and was the resident engineer) could move every day and be connected to a different supply daily. That is a good example of something being under continuous supervision too. Which is handy as banging an earth rod in at every venue for the antiques roadshow isn't really practical!

Even if this section was in scope, it's been pointed out there is likely to be someone skilled supervising things on a construction site. So PME would be allowed.
Thanks I appreciate your opinion on this. I understand the exception of the broadcast unit and where for instance a socket in a technicians office could be used for one particular piece of equipment or an instruction given not to drill a wall but the risk of losing the neutral is going to be difficult to monitor.

I suppose it's up to the electrician to complete a designers risk assessment and make there own judgement.

I see. As @James mentioned earlier, such cabins are often supplied via an external connector, in which case supply directly from switchfuse may far exceed its rating.
Thanks for that
What I will do first thing in the morning will try to call the cabin people and ask if they have any special requirements for there cabin

The norm is to have a distribution board at source as the site will require other power you connect into this. 16.0 to me is overkill I would use 10.0 straight into the board with 40 or 50A protection.
Good idea respects to you ,
10mm 3 core cheap to buy
You think 10mm 3 core enough for the job from your experience

Goasis pls pls if you can help and you want money for helping tell me I will forward to you
If you just want to talk bad pls don't as we not going to achieve anything
Manythanks
Fair enough, I'm good ta. No problem asking for help on something, def worth having a look through the regs book and seeing what you can come up with. If you figure out the what why and how then its an extra skill for next time and you won't have to think about offering someone else money to do it for you.

Reply to 2 x portable work cabin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net