Discuss 2357 Level 3 Diploma in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andy1

Hi all,

Anybody out there doing the new C&G 2357 level 3 Diploma? If so how are you all finding it so far?

All the best,

Andy.

ive done the first module (301) and am now going to do the massive amount of paperwork for (302). its not been so bad so far, although there is a lot of homework to do.
are you studying this qualification too?

yes i am. Have also just done my 301 and passed it and i have my 302 exam tomorrow!!

Have you had any problems with your lecturers / instructors not having a clue about what is to be done in this new course?? Im being told there is a severe lack of info coming for City and Guilds (which dosent surprise me) and they are not being fully told what to teach and when to teach it etc.

I have all the relevant coursework and i am working my way through it and so far successfully but just feel im not getting the support and help from college as they claim they arent getting told what to teach from C&G.

Are you having similar issues or should I be looking into problems stemming from my college or lecturer?

Cheers.

Can i ask, how long is the course? what is the actual outcome? What sort of level is it i terms of difficulty? im looking to progress into something like this but unsure what exactly at the moment!
thanks

Andy, yeah mine is the same, because its a very new qualification they seem to be struggling on getting the course content accross, also the first few modules are just to do with the enviroment and working practices which is apparently what city and guilds are saying every course has to do. how did you get on with the 302 exam? i have been given the next part for the 303 exam, which is also masses of home research and learning before the next exam at the centre. where are you doing the cou

with regards to infinity's question. this is a level 3 qualification which is replacing the 2330 qual. depending on where you do it, it can take as long as you like, but to complete the whole thing including nvq assessments i reckon about 2 years depending on your current knowledge,experience and whether you are currently working in this field. but if you do this course, be prepared for a lot of homework. hope this helps.

Its very frustrating but I suppose these new courses will always have problems at the start.

I passed the 302 question paper just have to do the home assignment now but it looks pretty straight forward. I have also been looking over the 303, the home assignment part is pretty big and looks as though a lot of research is to be done. Im doing the course through OLCI who are you doing yours with?

Hi all im currently doing the 2357 course at my local college and there has been a lot of confusing regarding the course i have only just done the 301 exam last thursday not sure if i passed it yet. They told us that it would take 2 to 3 years to pass this has it is replacing the 2330 and the nvq 3 so instead of doing all them you just do the 2357. Can i ask what is the 302 and the 303 about? as the 301 is just health and safety

yes i am. Have also just done my 301 and passed it and i have my 302 exam tomorrow!!

Have you had any problems with your lecturers / instructors not having a clue about what is to be done in this new course?? Im being told there is a severe lack of info coming for City and Guilds (which dosent surprise me) and they are not being fully told what to teach and when to teach it etc.

I have all the relevant coursework and i am working my way through it and so far successfully but just feel im not getting the support and help from college as they claim they arent getting told what to teach from C&G.

Are you having similar issues or should I be looking into problems stemming from my college or lecturer?

Cheers.

I've heard the exact same from my college too, seems to be c&g don't know what to do haha.

In regards to the course though, it's really easy so far (imo). I've just handed in the closed book assessment for 303, done the open book one a couple of weeks ago.
The lowest score i've received so far for any of the papers is 93.3% and that was in the gola in 301 that took like, 3 minutes to do haha. I'm amazed some people have only just done 301.

The course is allright, just at the minute it's finding it's feet & seems a wee bit on the easy side

Hi all im currently doing the 2357 course at my local college and there has been a lot of confusing regarding the course i have only just done the 301 exam last thursday not sure if i passed it yet. They told us that it would take 2 to 3 years to pass this has it is replacing the 2330 and the nvq 3 so instead of doing all them you just do the 2357. Can i ask what is the 302 and the 303 about? as the 301 is just health and safety

302 is all about renewables, i.e your water pumps, PV, greywater recycling etc. Pretty straight forward, just have to understand how they all work & their functions.

303's a weird one, it's got abit of everything in, the open book assessment is focused more so on the drawing that you get, and you have 30 questions(!!!!!!!) to do. It's all about your deliveries on site, ways to stop inconveniencing the workers, best ways of communication to other workers, managers etc. What needs to be on a design spec, monitoring access to sites and generally about sites in the aspect of storing materials and what not. Closed book is basically the same, but yeah, weird unit really.

A bit of a long one for you all to endure haha :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy1,

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

If you would like some extra help and support through your course I would like to be of assistance. Please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Can i ask, how long is the course? what is the actual outcome? What sort of level is it i terms of difficulty? im looking to progress into something like this but unsure what exactly at the moment!
thanks

Hi mate, the course takes 3 - 3/12 years. This is a level 3 course, where the 2330 what starting at level 2. I am doing this course at the moment, as long as your get your head down and listen youll be fine. The course has 4 parts
1 - Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
2- Key Skills (if you achieved below a C in Maths english and ICT in GCSE or your GCSE's are over 5 years old)
3- NVQ Diploma
4- AM2
At the end of the course if completed you will become a fully qualified electrician! Then you will start thinking about the C&G 2391 (inspect and test)

Good Luck

Last edited:
Agree with Andy1, lecturers seem to know nothing about what they are supposed to be teaching. I have completed BEC1, 301 and have just done the 302 exam this morning. Lecturer has just sat us in front of computer and told us to do research for the 301 assignment and then we will be researching the 303 assignment. Seems to me that there is not a lot of practical work to be done or teaching from lecturers. Not exacty what I was expecting for my £6000. Could sit at home and do same things rather than sit in a classroom.

Hopefully as course goes on there will be more hands on practical work to be done.

No certs recieved as yet from OLCI, but then again only in last month that modules were completed.

Cheers

Calamber

Hi Calamber,

I can see from your comment you have a few queries about your course and I would like to be of assistance. Please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox.

you have made a very good point, as i feel like the same problems are happening with myself. It seems that when we ask for extra support it seems they don't have the information that we are looking for. I feel as though we got to get through the bulk of it by just our judgement.

Hi Submariner111,

I want to make sure we have received your request and help you as best we can. Please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Hi tsidhu,

I am not sure if you are a student with OLCI Construction Training but if you are I would be more than happy to offer you help and support thoughout your course. Please call me on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively, you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and suitable time to call you back.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Hi guys, how you all getting on with the 2357, I started it a few weeks ago and finding all the same probes you guys as describing! I'm not happy to be honest for the amount of money I have paid and am considering just dropping it if things don't buck up!

If I do continue I just hope they plenty of extra leeway when our assigment and exams vetted marked!

I'm finding the material my course has gave me is rubbish and full of errors and I've turned to google to verifying and explaining in more detail which is takin a lot more time then it should!

Reply to 2357 Level 3 Diploma in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net