Discuss 23LC1024 Memory programming in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

_q12x_

DIY
Reaction score
Hello again with another small project.
I followed this video tutorial and I also buy that 23LC1024 IC RAM she is presenting (5pcs from aliexpress under 10$)
She(the instructor) is providing the arduino project file is using in a link in the video description. - that is what I used.
Here is my implementation in reality. And it worked !
IMG_20220908_230217.jpg

Here is my implementation in proteus simulator. And it worked as well !
1662669828640.png

So double victory so far.
All good and well, but.... I need and want to understand this more in depth.
Of course I will experiment by myself, but in parallel, some interesting and good advice from this forum will be of much help to me.
Just put your ideas, your thoughts, down on the table, about how to manually or more logically get or set data into this RAM. Speculations are fine, but if you happen to know more precise about how to use a RAM chip like this, is awesome. But your wild guess is as much help to me as well. I understand this is a bit high level and not that common use, at least in my eyes .
This probably will be more programming than electronics. Since all the hardware is already deal with. Additional hardware is interesting to see what you can come with, again, ideas, something cool. I believe a processor unit will be necessary to actually R/W to the RAM chip. I guess..... Hmmm.
She(the instructor) in the title of the video clearly say this RAM is "Extending Arduino Uno RAM".... I may be mistaken buying it and all that code to be very specific linked to arduino uno ---extension--- ? In my mind, this is a practice chip to learn more in depth about this side of technology. I hope I can jump out of the line that she is presenting and actually do whatever I want with this chip. I hope im right.
Thank you and I wait your answers !
---
Ps: I put this arduino project test file here in the attachment for posterity.
(this file is from the tutorial, NOT made by me, so all credits goes to this very well informed and helpful instructor)

Attachments

• SPIRamSimple.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 0
I believe the key word that describe the best what Im searching for is:
- Manual programming an SRAM -
Exactly like I did with the Atmel EEPROM in Proteus simulator awhile ago.
(the good news is that I can test it in both: reality and simulator)
--------
just a reminder for myself :
ATMEL AT28C16-T EEPROM > datasheet
and
Microchip 23LC1024 SRAM > datasheet

Last edited:
Mister @marconi, I need a counter that counts to 3 and then STOPS.
It will have some sort of reset button that will re-activate the process.
This is what I tried so far... but, my brain is blurry.
Please help me with this logic. I believe it is called a 'monostable' multivibrator but I know that from using the 555 IC. I want to make it with this FF.
Here is what I tried:
1662733536339.png

edited: -I figure it out, no need anymore.

Last edited:
How do I make a logic counter with 7493 that goes OVER 16 beats ?
(I need 24 beats to be more specific) I know I have to link 2x7493 but I don't know how exactly.
Provide me a quick circuit please.
Thank you.
1662769457678.png

This circuit will count from 00000 to 10111 and then reset to 00000 and repeat.

Attachments

• 1A16A3D6-E888-4B48-9224-DEEA42328276.jpeg
    315.8 KB · Views: 16
I tried these days to find a solution on figuring out a way of writing this sram chip. And no success. I went to arduino forums, on other electronic forum and they practically move their shoulders up and down. I tried a lot of codes but with no success. Im very sad about it. It will remain to be solved in the future perhaps.

Reply to 23LC1024 Memory programming in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net