Discuss 302 written, what books can i take in? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Meant to mean you can do a 20week course with no prev exp and get put thru 2391 before you
Suggest I'm incorrect google it, no I don't have it does that mean I'm not as clever as you? Also why pm me same question?

And which electrical qualification can't you do that with? You don't have it. Ahh well there you go then.

You misunderstand not 20 weeks just on 2391 20 weeks for all course
Including brb & pat testing etc.
From your response reckon there's a chance you did it that way, if so brill
Your the best and win.

You misunderstand not 20 weeks just on 2391 20 weeks for all course
Including brb & pat testing etc.
From your response reckon there's a chance you did it that way, if so brill
Your the best and win.

Id like to see the pass rate of those 20 week courses for 2391 I would be very very surprised if any passed.

Do enlist for the 2391 its easy!!! if you can do velcros you will pass it....get real. You justa have a chip because you haven't done it.

Id like to see the pass rate of those 20 week courses for 2391 I would be very very surprised if any passed.

Do enlist for the 2391 its easy!!! if you can do velcros you will pass it....get real. You justa have a chip because you haven't done it.
Yep prob right fella like I said your no1 and don't let anyone tell you any different.

Nice meeting amateur

Why you sending me offensive pm's , I don't proclaim to be anything other
Than an apprentice check my prev posts, after checking some of your posts its
Obvious you don't like people very much.
Continue to pm me and we will fall out fella, if you can't put it on a open forum
Its not worth saying.

You are rambling on about rubbish pushrod. We are talking about written exams being open/closed book and you bring practicle exams into it? what are you talking about.

The 2391 written is not open book. Never has been and never should be and that was my point. Its got a low pass rate because of this...because you need the technical knowledge in your head to pass it. Thats most likely the reason why people pass the 2330 302 and not the 2391-10, because there is no help from any source

Sorry Electricalserv but you need to be precise. The 2391 as such is not an exam . There are two exams- the 2391-10 (inspection and testing certificate) and the 2391-20 (the design, erection and verification certificate). Unit 303 belongs to the latter and as i , and simpson, said earlier it is an open book exam, check on the C&G website if you don't believe us.
The 2391 -10 is an exam comprising of two units and you are assessed in what you write in both. The 301 unit is exclusively a written exam and the 302 is the unit concerning practical and results entry (still involving writing)

I have already said why the examiners think the pass rate is low and they make it closed book - because they believe the subjects should be common place to the people taking the exam. (read their reports)

With regard to the 2330 level 2 and 3 some exams are on line(closed book) and some are open book including the ones that take place in the workshop. Open book exams are widely recognised in many forms of educational assessment - they are not necessarily easier because of this - they allow you demonstrate other areas of ability. An electrician needs to know their way quickly and easily around BS7671 and the OSG etc not least because of the 2382-20 and 2391-20.
We can continue this discussion on the forum if you want - not PM.

you can thank me if you like for my informative post :)

BTW I have never been accused of rambling on about rubbish before and does it matter if i have passed this exam before i comment on it:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Why you sending me offensive pm's , I don't proclaim to be anything other
Than an apprentice check my prev posts, after checking some of your posts its
Obvious you don't like people very much.
Continue to pm me and we will fall out fella, if you can't put it on a open forum
Its not worth saying.

I have put everything on the open forum.... You where the one slagging of people with the 2391....laces and velcros come to mind!!!!

Sorry Electricalserv but you need to be precise. The 2391 as such is not an exam . There are two exams- the 2391-10 (inspection and testing certificate) and the 2391-20 (the design, erection and verification certificate). Unit 303 belongs to the latter and as i , and simpson, said earlier it is an open book exam, check on the C&G website if you don't believe us.
The 2391 -10 is an exam comprising of two units and you are assessed in what you write in both. The 301 unit is exclusively a written exam and the 302 is the unit concerning practical and results entry (still involving writing)

I have already said why the examiners think the pass rate is low and they make it closed book - because they believe the subjects should be common place to the people taking the exam. (read their reports)

With regard to the 2330 level 2 and 3 some exams are on line(closed book) and some are open book including the ones that take place in the workshop. Open book exams are widely recognised in many forms of educational assessment - they are not necessarily easier because of this - they allow you demonstrate other areas of ability. An electrician needs to know their way quickly and easily around BS7671 and the OSG etc not least because of the 2382-20.
We can continue this discussion on the forum if you want - not PM.

you can thank me if you like for my informative post :)

BTW I have never been accused of rambling on about rubbish before and does it matter if i have passed this exam before i comment on it:D

Still rambling.

The header of this thread is 302 which is a written. The 2391 written is closed book end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you are bringing the design course into it I don't know. 2391 IS CLOSED BOOK END OF STORY PUSHROD ASK ANYONE WHO HAS SAT IT.

Still rambling.

The header of this thread is 302 which is a written. The 2391 written is closed book end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why you are bringing the design course into it I don't know. 2391 IS CLOSED BOOK END OF STORY PUSHROD ASK ANYONE WHO HAS SAT IT.
it is the one i specified the 302 we are talking about is the 2330 level 3 unit 2
you are right in what you are saying the 2391-10 is a closed book exam, 2391-20 is open which is what i said in the first place as you said 2391 is closed book but you didnt specift which 2391 you were talking about.

it is the one i specified the 302 we are talking about is the 2330 level 3 unit 2
you are right in what you are saying the 2391-10 is a closed book exam, 2391-20 is open which is what i said in the first place as you said 2391 is closed book but you didnt specift which 2391 you were talking about.

The 2391-20 is the old 2400 which must have changed to the 2391-20 fairly recently. I am talking solely about the original 2391

The original post is by ex army, i think you will find he was talking about a 2330 exam. You gets points for determination Electricalserv, but unfortunately nothing for politeness or manners.

The 2391-20 is the old 2400 which must have changed to the 2391-20 fairly recently. I am talking solely about the original 2391

:confused:
Is that the original 2391-01 or the original 2391-02 as they were before 2008. You have to go back even further for when it was the 2400.

• 2391-10 Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (previously 2391-01)
  • 2391-20 Level 3 Certificate in Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (previously 2391-02 and prior to that 2400).
From the C&G website (a 2008 update)

:confused:
Is that the original 2391-01 or the original 2391-02 as they were before 2008. You have to go back even further for when it was the 2400.

• 2391-10 Level 3 Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (previously 2391-01)
  • 2391-20 Level 3 Certificate in Design, Erection and Verification of Electrical Installations (previously 2391-02 and prior to that 2400).
From the C&G website (a 2008 update)

Pushrod, THEE 2391....Inspection and testing the main one!

Reply to 302 written, what books can i take in? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net