Discuss Advice/ideas on commercial kitchen lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

goldie

Had a look at a job today for a customer who is having the kitchen ripped out and re vamped in the local church hall, various socket outlets, bain marie, etc.
At present there are a few old pendants hanging from the cieling but there isnt sufficient lighting at present and for one reason or another there aint enough space on the ceiling (beams, skylights etc) to mount any strip lights.
I recommended the ip rated anti corrosive 5' flouro type but they would have to be suspended via jack chain.
Jst wondering if anyone has any better ideas on type of lighting for suspending in a commercial type kitchen. By the way flush downlights aren't an option cos there aint any access above due to flat roof. Cheers.:dizzy2:

Cover the roof and walls with flexible LED strips!
Possibly better using low bay lighting, can give a very good light from a small area but does depend on the size of the kitchen. Specific area wall lights can also be very effective but you need to consider the ingress protection required.

Think i would go for what you say, vapour proof fittings. Don't think you can go wrong with them in a commercial kitchen. It sounds like it may be a high ceiling if your thinking of jack chain so reducing the height for easy maintenance is even better. Get it wrong though.............and you will find the pearly gates will be firmly shut.

Yeh cheers lads, Reckon i might stick with the anti corrosive strips. Im sure they will have some candles in the vestry if it aint good enough.

Reply to Advice/ideas on commercial kitchen lighting in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net