Discuss AEG ceramic hob wiring. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi so am I best using ring crimps like the yellow ones or non insulated ones. The hob has 4 screws in so could take them out and use these if that's safe and allowed.
all depends on the terminals in the appliance. some use ring crimps, some just have the wires inserte alongside the screw ( with ferrukles if flex). have you got a photo of the terminals?

I just looked up the AEG manual for a 6.4Kw hob, why am I surprised that it said nothing about cable size or type of connection and was just full of generic statements that could apply to any hob in their range. :rolleyes:

What I was alluding too was that Apprentice's need not apply, if everything had to be fitted by qualified electricians, apprentice's could not exist, to be honest any type of engineer is capable of wiring a hob and reading a few diagram's on the back/underside of an appliance, it was not aimed at you, but the stupid manual no offence was meant.

What I was alluding too was that Apprentice's need not apply, if everything had to be fitted by qualified electricians, apprentice's could not exist, to be honest any type of engineer is capable of wiring a hob and reading a few diagram's on the back/underside of an appliance, it was not aimed at you, but the stupid manual no offence was meant.

Its purely aimed at litigation.

all depends on the terminals in the appliance. some use ring crimps, some just have the wires inserte alongside the screw ( with ferrukles if flex). have you got a photo of the terminals?
This is what I originally done but thought it wasn't ample enough so came here for advice. I don't know weather to use bootlace ferrules or ring crimp connectors. IMG_20200401_191801.jpgIMG_20200401_191819.jpgIMG_20200401_191750.jpg

You did not need to make a makeshift link for the top 2 terminals, the manufacturer has supplied one!! It is in your photo, beside the cord clamp.

you could use ferrules. the terminals have a square trap plate under the screws. for 2.5mm cable use blue ones.for 4mm or 6mm use yellow. however, as the flex is terminated to the side of the screws as opposed to under the screws, as you have it in the pic.is fine. just make sure that they are tight.

From my understanding you can't put a 2.5mm cable on a 32a CB . I would recommend 4mm on the 32a CB or if you decide to stay with the 2.5mm you have to change the CB to 20A
This is an old thread but, there are a few ways that 2.5mm can be installed protected by a 32A breaker without falling foul of any reg.

1. fixed load appliance
2. spur from a ring final circuit
there may be others but I have had a couple of beers so not as sharp upstairs as I am in working hours.

This is an old thread but, there are a few ways that 2.5mm can be installed protected by a 32A breaker without falling foul of any reg.

1. fixed load appliance
2. spur from a ring final circuit
there may be others but I have had a couple of beers so not as sharp upstairs as I am in working hours.
Even after a couple of beers you are absolutely correct 😉

Reply to AEG ceramic hob wiring. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net