Discuss Anyone experienced in vent axia twin fans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

Went a job this morning to check out vent axia Gemini twin fan...the ducting type that sits in loft and takes air from loft and vents it into bathroom as far as I can tell by piping this is all that it does. I tested upto unit on both switch side from light and the permanent supply both live...no problems but motor still not starting what I'm unsure of is what is the photo I've attached. This seems to be some sort of contactor that seems that was permantly supplied before going to fan and I think switch line come away from this also to fan. What is the purpose of this?
IMG-20200310-WA0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

Went a job this morning to check out vent axia Gemini twin fan...the ducting type that sits in loft and takes air from loft and vents it into bathroom as far as I can tell by piping this is all that it does. I tested upto unit on both switch side from light and the permanent supply both live...no problems but motor still not starting what I'm unsure of is what is the photo I've attached. This seems to be some sort of contactor that seems that was permantly supplied before going to fan and I think switch line come away from this also to fan. What is the purpose of this?
Nice tidy install there Mate

Hi all

Yes, i have experienced this situation multiple times.

It's a relay in a relay base. You need to see how it is wired up. Do the relay contacts pull in?

It's a relay in a relay base. You need to see how it is wired up. Do the relay contacts pull in?
Yes, i have experienced this situation multiple times.
DPG the wiring was a bit of a mess mate as you can see from photo and that was only one side of it. I have to hold my hands up I found it difficult to suss out what was going on with it. Had limited time this morning to investigate fully. What is the purpose of the relay? And if I have proved got both a permanent supply and a sw line all the way up to unit have I effectively proved problem is lying with the unit itself? I.e Faulty motor. Cheers
[automerge]1583869235[/automerge]

Last edited by a moderator:
Inane posts removed.
Does the fan only function from the lighting in one room.

Last edited:
Why do you ask that?
The relay could serve several purposes, one to divert load from the light switch hence I asked the watts. It could act as a boost when the lights are switched on, for example the fan is running constantly at low speed but is sped up through the relay by way of the light switch.

The relay could serve several purposes, one to divert load from the light switch hence I asked the watts. It could act as a boost when the lights are switched on, for example the fan is running constantly at low speed but is sped up through the relay by way of the light switch.
Thanks Westward that makes a lot of sense. If you was in my shoes what do you think your next call would be.....I've proved 230v on both sw line and permanent so to me this proves relay and wiring to unit is all ok. Thing bit surprised of though is indicator light on unit is coming on bit still no action not kicking on at all. Thing is these units aren't cheap and would hate to suggest change unit and turns out it was never that anyway

Reply to Anyone experienced in vent axia twin fans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net