Discuss are 0800 numbers worth it in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

miner69er

:) hi , has anybody bought an 0800 number and has it made any difference to your business? i'm thinking of buying one to try and increase work but don't know if they are a waste of money.

:) hi , has anybody bought an 0800 number and has it made any difference to your business? i'm thinking of buying one to try and increase work but don't know if they are a waste of money.

I'm afraid I cannot comment on this one other than say if I ever I am ever fortunate enough to have to call a free phone number it is usually from my mobile:mad:

Hopefully some more members will be along shortly to give you feedback on whether they believe it is worth it or not:cool

Out of interest, how much is a free phone number?:confused:

Whenever I see a freephone number on a van, unless it BT or British Gas etc, I always wonder if its one of these fly by night trades men with no fixed abode! I personally would never dial one, and neither will many people I know, same goes when theres only a mobile number clapped on the side of a van.

Whenever I see a freephone number on a van, unless it BT or British Gas etc, I always wonder if its one of these fly by night trades men with no fixed abode! I personally would never dial one, and neither will many people I know, same goes when theres only a mobile number clapped on the side of a van.

As ubove

0800 numbers are there in order to get business generated, the freephone number is just a great incentive for people to call you.

If other comments put you off about 0800 numbers then there are also virtual numbers that you could possibly use. These allow you to position yourself within certain areas of the country or surrounding areas without looking like a 'fly of the nights trade man' as the comment above mentioned, giving that personal touch.

citynumbers is an example place of these virtual numbers. They also mention about o2 giving a service that is free to call 0800 numbers from mobiles if that is a worry too: 0800, 0845 and other phone numbers Blog. | 0800 free to call from O2 - using GiffGaff

hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the replies guys, i'm going to give it a go anyway as i only have a mobile number advertised. this is because i don't want ****'s ringing my landline up at night asking me to fix the light outside on the pavement!!:mad: (yes this did happen and after questioning on the phone it turned out to be a street light!!):confused: some of the general public should have 24hr nurses, and not the nice looking ones either.....
anyhow enough moaning, i had what i think is a good offer from a communications company £172.50 one off payment for the 0800 number diverted straight to my mobile and up to 1000mins a month of calls included, no line rental, monthly fee's etc. in theory there is nothing else to pay so i'll see how it goes.

Reply to are 0800 numbers worth it in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net