Discuss Aritech CS350 Open Zone in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

Hope you can help. I have a Aritech CS350 and the decorator disconnected 2 x PIR’s. I then replaced the covers, but kept the internals and rewired them as before - I believe.

However now one of the PIR’s won’t allow the alarm to be set as it says the zone is open.

I’ve double checked the wiring and I’m sure it’s the same as before.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Short out the alarm pair in PIR. If alarm sets then faulty PIR.

If alarm still doesn't set then cable fault. Test cable and check connection.

Assuming it's wired as double pole.

so just connect the red and black wires right?
nope. see what each pair does. thety are lanelled in the pir. 1 pair is 12v+ and 0v. 1 pair is alarm, 1 pair is tamper. red/black is usually the 12V supply.short them and you'll blow a fuse.

The Aritech CS350 works with end of line resistors, if you connect a 4K7 resistor across the zone in the control panel it should show closed, if that works then you have either a cable fault or the detector wiring is wrong.

The Aritech CS350 works with end of line resistors, if you connect a 4K7 resistor across the zone in the control panel it should show closed, if that works then you have either a cable fault or the detector wiring is wrong.
it will only show closed( a few ohms ) if the wiring and detector have continuity. if not, it will read the 4k7.

Putting the resistor in the panel will only prove that it isn't a faulty input on the panel - which is a rare fault.

I've read that the panel is EOL using double 4k7 resistors so if there is a cable fault then it's likely the panel would go into tamper rather than refuse to set.

You should first check to see if the PIR is flashing - if there is no voltage then there is nothing holding the alarm relay closed and that will be the issue.

If it has voltage then short out the zone pair with one 4k7 resistor and see if the panel sets - if it does then likely the sensor needs replacing.

But like suggested a picture of how you connected it up will help

The resistors are in the right terminals, it looks like in the first picture the blue/white wire to the second detector is not connected to anything, try connecting it to the white wire that it is twisted to.

Can you post a better picture of the first images terminals, I am finding it hard to see whats connected to what.

Ideally the wires joined by twisting need soldering and insulating too.

Last edited:

Reply to Aritech CS350 Open Zone in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net