Discuss Bathroom zoning question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re above, I can't get my response out of the quote, but it was;
Why bother, it's acceptable according to the regs?

Mid, I understand where you are coming from and understand why you have questioned my post above. The main reason I will eventually relocate the fan iso is because it is at ceiling height in a cold bathroom that gets very steamy in winter. It's location is OK according to the regs yes, but I would lean towards your stance in this instance with this particular switch.

Not wanting to paint a picture of me naked for every one (!!) but when I get out of the shower I grab a towel and stand on a bath mat when I get out. So I am pretty dry by the time I would be switching off any lights. Whereas I tend to switch the fan iso on just before i get out of the shower - hence my reasoning.

Given that I have never had the slightest tickle from the iso I would suggest that a plate switch >60cm away from the bath would be fine.

I really don't get this - why doesn't the OP want a pull switch? Fear of string? It's the perfect answer - no shock risk, discrete (unless you fit a bloody big chrome pullswitch :) ). I just don't get it. A standard plate switch in a steamy shower room is never a good idea, regs or not. Daz

Reply to Bathroom zoning question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A pull-cord shower switch is located in Zone 2 of a bathroom, including the ceiling base containing the electrical connections. With a little...
Replies
Views
This could possible have been a poll, but really just opening up for suggestions and feedback on where folks think an isolation switch for an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock