Discuss Batten lamp holder in toilet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all
Just done a pir on an office and the toilet is separate with a basin, but the light fitting is just a standard batten holder, should this be changed because i can't any reg's to do with just a toilet?

Hi all
Just done a pir on an office and the toilet is separate with a basin, but the light fitting is just a standard batten holder, should this be changed because i can't any reg's to do with just a toilet?

Do you feel that there is the risk of it coming into direct contact with water?

I can't see an issue as it will be well out of reach and is not likely to come into any contact with steam or water that will warrant it having an IP rating?

Yeah the only reference i can find is for Zones 1 & 2 in room with bath or shower. I think that I'll leave out of the observations and just advice customer that it might be a good to change it.

Yeah the only reference i can find is for Zones 1 & 2 in room with bath or shower. I think that I'll leave out of the observations and just advice customer that it might be a good to change it.

Just incase the water pipes freeze with all this cold weather which could cause the pipes to burst and squirt water up into the electrical fitting ?:D

The toilet is a special location and should be thought of as such

When you are absolutely bursting,its very definetly special and its still special with the compliant baton holder as well :eek:

provided that the fitting is methane proof and explosion safe, then it complies

Reply to Batten lamp holder in toilet in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net