Discuss Bloody N-L Fault in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

Brilliant!!!!

CU swap! Ring Circuits Excellent no breaks. never did a IR Test but never mind!

any way all ok apart from Ring!!! N-E fault RCD not playing today!! :(

Customer not really impressed with paying for finding the fault so Split Ring at a point where i though would be good (turns out it was) got 13 Sockets on 16A MCB RCD protected and 7 sockets on 16A MCB Unprotected! no heavy loading as Washer Dryer etc on another circuit!!

Issuing EDN paperwork on monday when i go back as little bit more work to do any way so may spend another 1h or so having a play!

any body do any thing different?? (apart from find the fault)

I think you should try and find the fault. It's only 7 sockets to check. Should not take that long.

Always do full inspection and test before board change....Saves a hell of alot of messing about and also you looking like a fool to customer. How have you left it?

its been split down to 2x radials... on 16A MCB's
Good Side placed on the RCD
Bad Side placed on non RCD Way after Main Switch.

its 7 sockets i need to split down to find the "BAD" bit..!

the rest of board is fine! just this stupid fault that we do find every so often! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry It WAS N-E fault just read my title!!!

YES Ideally should be on RCD but if cust not willing to have fault found i just put a deviation down and issue a EDN!!

any way i found fault on the circuit!! last bloody accessory i looked in!! nick in cable touching backbox!! :)

any way i found fault on the circuit!! last bloody accessory i looked in!! nick in cable touching backbox!! :)

Its sods law,take sockets apart and the fault will not under any cicumstances be on any of them
Whatever route is chosen the fault seems to migrate to the last item

YES Ideally should be on RCD but if cust not willing to have fault found i just put a deviation down and issue a EDN!!

Hope they liked it when you pointed out the existing fault in their wiring!

Its sods law,take sockets apart and the fault will not under any cicumstances be on any of them
Whatever route is chosen the fault seems to migrate to the last item

More Laws

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease,
your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.

Law of Gravity - Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible
corner.

Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly
proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Hope they liked it when you pointed out the existing fault in their wiring!

that was not just the only fault i found! how about 5x Spurs from a spur!!! apparently wired by a spark lol..!! dropped a dual accessory box in and wired a FCU and Single socket instead of a 2g double!

job a was a pain!!!! only deviation i have is cooker circuit is NON RCD as there appliance is faulty!!! im happy with that !

Bit like me when the tool fairy has hidden something - it's always in the last place i look for it:D

Even more laws

Law of the Bath - When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone
rings.

Law of Close Encounters -The probability of meeting someone you know
increases dramatically when you are with someone you don't want to be seen
with.

Law of the Result - When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't
work, it will.

Law of Biomechanics - The severity of the itch is inversely proportional
to the reach.

Reply to Bloody N-L Fault in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net