Discuss Brighton or East Sussex Electrician Recommendation Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

vanessap

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,

I wondered if you might be able to recommend any electricians in the Brighton area please?

• To wire in some already chased sockets (possible)
  • To find the fault in a ring that has no continuity

Many thanks,
Vanessa

Will the electrician who sorted your mother's home not undertake this work?

Honestly I think they did an amazing job at my mum's, I am feeling a bit cautious as there were a few things that threw me.

They tried very hard to upsell me some lighting they had for the kitchen and shared that fluorescent lighting or lighting with a diffuser is the only lighting legally allowed in kitchens - I purchased the light fixture from TLC electrical the day before. This really threw me, I ended up spending so much time that I did not have to check in with other electricians to make sure I should not rip out the fitted fixture.

The sockets were installed with no trunking and at different depths so I will need to remove them and do some more chasing before applying a bonding coat - I could live with this stuff but sadly they doubled their hourly rate yesterday evening on the quote for my home which is now around £400-500 for the fault finding or £200.00 per hour which is not affordable unfortunately.

I think they are incredibly skilled at the wiring of the consumer unit and testing, though I think the changing of pricing like this is quite unnerving. I've been battling with this today as I feel bad looking for other quotes.

I did try to get another quote today but it was a bit of a nightmare, the electrician was determined to upsell an EICR certificate at a starting price of £500.00 which I was not looking for, which is honestly why I am asking for recommendations here now as I felt like ripping my hair out after this.

Reply to Brighton or East Sussex Electrician Recommendation Please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net