Search the forum,

Discuss bs7671 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

READ IT! front to back and back to front....
I did a short course before I sat the exam and they only really teach you how to use it and what sections you will use regularly. My advice is really just to keep looking through it and tab up the sections and important parts.
Hope this helps.

I have always made up loads of little coloured paper tags staggered at different positions along the top and long edge stuck in with pritt stick, write on them NOT answers, as that would not be allowed but chapter type ie Disconnection times/Zs, fuse types what ever you feel the need for ! Mines littered with them :) And yes you will be allowed to do that, as I have sat several C&G exams with it marked up

Also don't forget this I suspect is a GOLA on line exam as they all seem to be, there is a knack to passing these (As well as knowing the answers), read the question if you don't know the answer within 20 or so seconds flag it and move on, do ALL the one's you are 100% sure of, then go back over the flagged one's, and do the one's you think you know, leave the one's you don't know until last and guess them, don't spend minutes on a question that you don't know worth 5 marks, when you could answer 3 you do know worth 2 marks, I got 87% in mine..;)

I purchased on-line via ebay a test simulator - it chucks up different question based on the 17th and uses the same interface you'll use during your test - pretty sure it was about £1.99 plus it came via email with some pdf Q&A sheets.

I believe that there is a lot of talk that you needing to answer a certain percentage based on each section - rumours of people missing the last 3 question due to running out of time and failing as those 3 question are from one section i,e they score 0 on that section so fail - not sure how factual this is, just what I've heard and read.

If you want a link or some info on the above let me know and I'll find it for you

If i remember rightly the exam would normally start from chapter 1 through to 7,so you should be working through the regs from front to back instead of going backwards and forwards,we all start off with 100% in theory,but in reality we drop % by putting incorrect answer,its all in black and white in the brb,so have a good practise on the sections 1-7,time yourself,you will whizz through it after a short time.

Mind ya I dropped a *** I had 16th and could have done a one day update to 17th, and booked a 3 day instead still 3 days paid leave and brought me back up to speed !

Reply to bs7671 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net