Search the forum,

Discuss burglar alarm and telephone cable in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Y

yido81

hi all, just a quick one, runing some cable down the garden to the shed, and just wondering if i can run burglar alarm cable and telephone cable in the same conduit?????? help please

THINK LIKE A BURGLAR
Professional or amateur burglars will break into your home, if there is an opportunity. Be prepared and fight back.
Getting robbed is an awful feeling and makes you think that you could have done more to prevent it.
By definition, the crime of burglary is a non-confrontational property crime that occurs when we are not at home.
Living in a house takes more places and things to think about when talking security. There are lots of break-in points to consider.
• Use a secondary blocking device on all sliding glass doors
• Keep the latch mechanism in good condition and properly adjusted
• Keep sliding door rollers in good condition and properly adjusted
• Use anti-lift devices such as through-the-door pins or upper track screws
• Use highly visible alarm decals, beware of dog decals or block watch decal
• Secure all accessible windows with secondary blocking devices
• Block accessible windows open no more than 6 inches for ventilation
• Make sure someone cannot reach through an open window and unlock the door
• Make sure someone cannot reach inside the window and remove the blocking device
• Use anti-lift devices to prevent window from being lifted out
• Use crime prevention or alarm decals on ground accessible windows
• Use curtains or blinds over any windows or doors that are easy to see into
• Keep expensive equipment and items away from your windows.
• Install locks or secondary security devices on all accessible windows so they can't be opened far enough for someone to crawl through from the outside.
• Make sure garage lights can be turned on from inside the house so you never have to walk into a dark garage.•
• Use the safe everyday so it becomes routine
• Burglars often target the elderly, so be a friend and keep an eye out for local retirees.
• Fire doors are meant to let a person safely exit a building in case of fire — not to let a burglar safely enter it. Keep your hardware updated and the doors closed.
• When living with multiple people, make sure everyone understands the importance of home security. It only takes one person to leave everyone else vulnerable. But don't rely on others; keep your private possessions locked away.
• If you have had a bad experience already with a crook — learn from it — don't just think bad luck won't strike twice!
if you want to learn more visit site

so I learned all this by buying a UV marker for my child

And this has got what reference to this thread or the original question???

Last edited by a moderator:
forget the alarm cable, just put 240v on the shed door handle

had trouble with burglars once, got me a pair of rottweilers, end of problem. just need a mortgage to buy their scran!

Reply to burglar alarm and telephone cable in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net