Discuss Cable length limit from table 7.1 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wattsy

Evening all

Hopeully someone can help me get my head around this.

I'm looking at table 7.1 OSG. For the 1361/3036 45A radials on a TN-S system the limiting factor is sc, which means its limited by the line to neutral loop impedance (short circuit). But the TNC-S it isn't. Can't see what the difference between L - N fault on TNC-S and TN-S?

Can somebody please explain this to me in detail please i'm confused
Many Thanks

poss to do with the different values of Ze between TNS and TNCS. the Ze will influence your Zs

bugger all i think. Ze is the impedance between phase and earth of the supply.

Reply to Cable length limit from table 7.1 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Firstly, please go easy as I'm still a trainee! Working on my L3 2365 I'm having trouble understanding the rationale behind adiabatics...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking at Table 7.1(i) in the On Site Guide. Max length of cable runs. In some cases where there is no RCD protection the length is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Two related questions in 1, if anyone is up for helping! (i) When electricians install supplies, is there anything in the regs that says how many...
Replies
Views
Hi Can somebody help me with this please Looking at the table in OSG. It states if I'm reading it right. That the ratings apply to insulation...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock