Discuss Can I use one positive/negative/ground for more than one outdoor light setup? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yaboidyl

DIY
Reaction score
I am wondering if it's fine and safe to use one wiring setup that already exists for my backdoor wall light and add a second one in the far back using the same postitive/negative/ground cable?

think if the existing cable can handle the extra load and they're all fed from the same breaker. should be OK. ( USA codes may be different from over here).

Its not a question of mixing the wrong gauges, but a question if the existing gauge cable and breaker can take the additional load of another light, should not be a problem if they are LED's but may be if Tungsten or Halogen, whatever the wattage of the two lights add together and divide by your voltage and that will give you the Amps that will be drawn by the two fittings, then look up what Amps the cable can take and check against the Breaker Value.

I am wondering if it's fine and safe to use one wiring setup that already exists for my backdoor wall light and add a second one in the far back using the same postitive/negative/ground cable?
I don’t see why not because that’s what I did. I come out of my back porch light and installed wiring for 2 LED flood lights and my existing porch light works all of them with no problem

Reply to Can I use one positive/negative/ground for more than one outdoor light setup? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I just found this forum last night and figured I would post my issue since I can't find much out there with a similar situation. My job...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
I have a scenario where there is a three phase DB in a commercial property where there are mixture of three phase and single phase washing...
Replies
Views
Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
As the title says. But then I cut off a jst connection off one of the light strips and I can't get them to work together... the one strip is plug...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock