Discuss Car electric help if possible in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello I’m modifying a corsa vxr I dunno how to word this so it sounds right but I’ll try, when you press the unlock or lock button the can sends the signal/power to the catch is there a way to make the power/signal last longer as I’m trying to fit velar door handles and atm I have to press the button 2 times to get the door handle to open fully , hope this makes sense

Welcome to the forum mate.
I'm not sure about this as I don't know exactly how your current locking/unlocking works but it sounds like you need some sort of pulse extender.
Maybe a 12V timer relay could do what you want.

You need what's known as a monostable - a circuit that responds to a pulse, and then gives a pulse of definable length out. You should be able to get one cheap from ebay etc and try it out.

You need what's known as a monostable - a circuit that responds to a pulse, and then gives a pulse of definable length out. You should be able to get one cheap from ebay etc and try it out.

I like how you use the correct terminology and I use Minecraft redstone terminology.... 🤣

Edit: Just to add, in Minecraft a monostable circuit is usually used to make a pulse shorter. Usually a 1 tick pulse.

Last edited:

Reply to Car electric help if possible in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Aside from every screwdriver in the universe, I wonder what the most creative mis-use of a tool you have encountered is. I'm sure this example can...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views
Hi: I'd appreciate any words of wisdom to diagnose the power locks on my 1998 F-150. Symptoms: -The key fob works to lock and unlock both doors...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ll start off by saying I’m not qualified but have done some electrical work before and do the odd bit of DIY where I can. I have an LED...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have recently installed daytime running lights on my car by making simple circuit using relay and connecting power to ignition...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock