Discuss Choosing the right governing body for my certification needswi in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Ian Holdham

Hi all,
I have recently started business and I am looking down the route of signing up to a certification scheme. I have over 10 years experience in all electrical scope, can you help me choose the best and reliable scheme that won't cost me the earth. Also what do they require on inspection, does it have to be non notifiable work due to the fact you are unable to carry out any notifiable work unless already a previous member of one of these schemes.

thanks for your time

Ian

Hi all,
I have recently started business and I am looking down the route of signing up to a certification scheme. I have over 10 years experience in all electrical scope, can you help me choose the best and reliable scheme that won't cost me the earth. Also what do they require on inspection, does it have to be non notifiable work due to the fact you are unable to carry out any notifiable work unless already a previous member of one of these schemes.

thanks for your time

Ian

From what I see on here stroma is the cheapest at £288 for the year and most don't have a bad word to say about them.

Part P CPS for £288

I have had a quotation from napit which seems reasonable with all sectors including commercial and industrial for under £500 a year with add on subscription to there online software around the £100 mark, with all certs costing £2 something each time, if there is someone on here using napit already could you give me an honest review, also could you let me know as what jobs I could use for there assessment process,
Thanks Ian

the usual way is to do a notifiable job within 3 weeks of your assessment by nic/napit etc. and then notify through them once you are accepted. a CU change and a minor job are usually acceptable for assessment.

My opinion is that if you are going to join a body, I would say you are best off with the NICEIC as they are the most widely recognised brand so to speak and they are not that much different in price.

The NICEIC Online Certification is excellent, very easy and quick to use and turns out all your certificates, £1 per cert and £1.50 per notification.

I think just go for the cheapest .. as the Names Napit NICEIC Strome dont seem to matter to the Public
there is No Strong branding and Averts to link with the Electrician like CORGI had with the Gas
i think a lot of people still think CORGI than On Safe (was going to type On Gas but !!) ahh right sorry its GAS SAFE.
Sounds like what should have printed on back of undies

You also got a lot of companies just using the logo's. so being with one of the governing bodies to make life easy to report work just do the cheapest.

Thanks for the advice all, just ordered my collection of yellow regs books to keep the assessor happy, loads of money just hope I get a return on all this outlay

I think just go for the cheapest .. as the Names Napit NICEIC Strome dont seem to matter to the Public
there is No Strong branding and Averts to link with the Electrician like CORGI had with the Gas
i think a lot of people still think CORGI than On Safe (was going to type On Gas but !!) ahh right sorry its GAS SAFE.
Sounds like what should have printed on back of undies

You also got a lot of companies just using the logo's. so being with one of the governing bodies to make life easy to report work just do the cheapest.

Who are you with?

i got my NICEIC test on Monday, i tried Napit but i didnt get along with my Assess or --- as i will ref to him from now on for Ref to the wiring regs as WRONG. I could not go with STROMA as i would had to been in Business for 2yr+

Im not sure how to put this .. I WAS ASSED, but NOTE the ASSESSER Complained that he was ONLY GETTING PAID £50/hr for this and he NORMALLY CHARGES a LOT more.. ALSO APPENDIX 15 of the WIRING REGS was a LOAD of BOLLOX to Him..
you can NOT SPUR off a RING with a 1.5mm

To me to say the Wiring Regs ARE WRONG, then its like saying the LAW was a ---, and you shouldnt applied by them.

So i am NOT KEEN On talking about it, as a PERSON who DIDNT LIKE the JOB and HAD CLOSE FRIENDS with ELECTRICIANS in the AREA.. i FEEL it is a COMFLIX of INTREST.

I do not wish to speak of this AGAIN as it was a £200 F-up of which i could not VOICE my VIEWS on

Reply to Choosing the right governing body for my certification needswi in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net